• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Who knows what morph he is? New member and new corn snake :)

SquidsGirl

Hello :)

Just got a new little corn snake tonight.

Does anyone know what morph he is? I know they can changed in color a lot from hatchling to adult and am curious what he will look like down the road šŸ¤” hopefully someone on here knows šŸ˜šŸ˜Š

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 42507183-78E8-4310-88C6-9F7F42FABAC8.jpeg
    42507183-78E8-4310-88C6-9F7F42FABAC8.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 45
  • C808C520-0D8B-4013-B37B-7B00CCDEABA2.jpeg
    C808C520-0D8B-4013-B37B-7B00CCDEABA2.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 3E157BBD-D045-4E22-855D-661D99259C79.jpeg
    3E157BBD-D045-4E22-855D-661D99259C79.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 815304F8-2CC0-43F0-9805-F542F7399510.jpeg
    815304F8-2CC0-43F0-9805-F542F7399510.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 46
Things to know: Gophers/bulls can grow to be quite a bit larger than corns and therefore need larger caging as adults as well. They can reach 7 feet long, and are heavier-bodied than a corn. They also like temperatures slightly warmer, with a hot spot around 87 to 90 degrees as compared to the 85 recommended for corns.

Geez umm ok ... how did the store not know what it was?? �� I got it from a ā€œscales and talesā€ in las vegas �� So now im looking at pictures of other types of snakes online. Do you think its a gopher or possible a black rat snake? The black rats also look similar as hatchlings/juveniles ... ����

Black rats don't look at all like your snake as babies. The color is completely different for one. This snake is 100% either a gopher snake or a bull snake, as they're very closely related.
Pet stores label the snakes they get as what they came in as. I bought a pinstripe motley corn snake labelled as an albino checkered garter snake, once.

Thank you so much Shiati! They said it was a ā€œcinnamon corn snakeā€ but i knew the morph was off but i didnt expect the species to be off!!

This is the page that shows baby black/eastern rats looking similar:

https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2019/...eastern-ratsnake-pantherophis-alleghaniensis/

I will prolly keep him if its a gopher (they look awesome and seem to have good temperaments from the stuff ive been reading on them so far but i need to do a LOT more reading and study on then before i decide for sure) but wont want to keep him if its a black rat... i dont like how they look as adults! Lol :(

No worries on the name thing. The baby on that page is still black and white though, whereas your kiddo is light brown, dark brown, and yellow.
These guys still make good pets.

Thank you so much Shiati! They said it was a ā€œcinnamon corn snakeā€ but i knew the morph was off but i didnt expect the species to be off!!

This is the page that shows baby black/eastern rats looking similar:

https://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2019/...eastern-ratsnake-pantherophis-alleghaniensis/

I will prolly keep him if its a gopher (they look awesome and seem to have good temperaments from the stuff ive been reading on them so far but i need to do a LOT more reading and study on then before i decide for sure) but wont want to keep him if its a black rat... i dont like how they look as adults! Lol :(

No, DEFINITELY NOT a baby black rat snake. I have caught wild examples and hatched out enough of them when I lived in Maryland that I am quite familiar with them.

I've never kept bull or gopher snakes, but I have caught and hatched out baby northern pine snakes, which are the same genus (Pituophis) as the gophers and bulls, and the body build is quite similar. As for what species or subspecies, beats me. Maybe you should ask the place where you purchased it from to trace back their records to who it came from and see if you can get more info that way. I would think any place selling snakes would be willing to at least go that far to correct a glaring mistake like this.

As long as you are happy with what you got, I guess that is all that really matters.

Back