CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Hide and Water Bowl

Old 06-13-2019, 01:54 PM   #1
barett
Hide and Water Bowl

Can I get some examples of appropriate sized hides and water bowls? I have a 36x18x18 exo terra. I will be getting my snake after the summer. I just like to be prepared. I prefer the more natural looking stuff.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
the water bowl should be of adequate size for the snake to fit in if it wishes to cool off or soak. Obviously a baby snake can get by with a smaller bowl than the larger adults. As the snake grows, so will its water bowl. "Hides and Hide boxes" are the same. Snakes like to "Feel" the sides and top of the Hide, so it should be a tight fit. Some people buy Hides, you can find them made of plastic or porcelain, and some people use an old cereal box, shoe box or even a paper towel tube made of cardboard. Regardless, the hide will increase in size as the snake grows, but it should always be a tight fit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google