CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
crotalis40741
I NEED HELP ASAP!

A couple of weeks ago I lost a female hatchling, the week before she ate and was fine, no regurge, a few days later she refused to eat was lethargic and died, she looked dehydrated but had a full water bowl. Now I have another female doing the same thing, they have individual boxes. They are both 2010 hatchlings, and all seemed to be doing great. Then they can barely move and die. I just dont understand it, I have other hatchlings that i have raised with no problem. Now i am worried about the rest of my hatchlings the same age.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, I have racked my brain trying to figure it out.
thank you all
bob

Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Nanci
If you can afford it, you need to get this snake to a vet for a necropsy if she passes. It should cost under $200. You can refrigerate the body but it's best to get her in to the vet asap, as well as any poop you can save.

Is there anything environmantal it could be? Change in mouse supply? Temps okay- thermostat/heat working?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
crotalis40741
no change of anything here, I raise my own feeder supply so all the snakes are fed out of the same thing. I have contacted the vets here and none of them are familiar with working with snakes, I am taking some pooh in to be checked is all they can do. the heat and the temps are fine. It is such a rapid change and loss in them.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
MotleyCrue
Sorry for your loss. I would be torn up if any of my babies died.
Environmental issue maybe? Do you live alone, in an apartment/house? Pesticides, herbicides and/or household cleaners can be very deadly to reptiles. I know where I live they send a pest guy once a month and I almost killed the lady in the rental office after the first time they showed up unannounced. Now I have my snake room locked when I am not home.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
crotalis40741
No I live alone, and know there are no cleaners or pesticides get close to them. Right now i have no idea what is going on, I don't know if it is just a coincidence but has both been females, The other hatchlings the same age are all looking good and active, she was looking the same as them 3 days ago.
thank you both for the suggestions and help

Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
SnakeKiss247
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully, things will get better. Best of luck.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
SnakeKiss247
Just wondering... are they both from the same breeder? Did you try contacting the breeder to see if anyone else has had the same problem? Just a thought.....

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #8
crotalis40741
yeah they are from the same breeder, the breeder is a great guy. i have raised quite a few hatchlings over the years and not seen any do what these are doing. thank you for the kind words.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
SnakeKiss247
Have you talked to the breeder about this? What kind of water do you have them on? I heard with hatchlings they should be fed bottled water. Just a thought.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
SnakeKiss247
Do you want to meet me in chat so maybe we can come up with an answer?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google