CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding live to F/T babies ??

Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
I tend to agree!!
Hope he doing well.
She is doing very well now. She actually is due to come out of brumation soon..LOL.. I may even breed her this year, though with school I doubt it is a good idea.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #52
Sita
Quote:
Shame on me for doing something millions of people do and for letting my snake kill and it's food the natural way
You've used the argument of "it's natural" several times. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's not cruel. Being constricted and suffocated to death is something I can only imagine is painful, terrifying, and can last for minutes. Using CO2 on the other hand takes literally SECONDS (I'm talking 5 at most) to knock out the mouse or rat. There is no pain at all.

If you are so gung-ho about keeping your pets naturally, then I suggest you immediately kill all three of your snakes. As far as I know, only normals and anerys are found in the wild. If you're unwilling to do that, then let them go, since it's also unnatural to keep snakes in a box, since in the wild they roam for miles. If you're unwilling to do THAT, then please dig up some dirt, leaf litter, bugs (make sure you include some of those ticks that are often found on wild snakes!), and maybe some live plants too, since that's kind of what they live on in the wild. Oh, and you can only feed them wild mice found outside that might have internal parasites that they can pass on to the snake. And when you feed them, make sure the mouse can escape, since that happens in the wild too. If you ever breed, make sure you destroy half the clutch right off the bat, and kill about half of the babies right after they hatch, since that's natural too.

Can you see how your argument of "it's natural" is also completely ridiculous?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
starsevol
So, just to get this straight, not only me but beautifullywild,Alicat37, Sita, Lennycorn, Nanci, Outcast, Cmalchow, VickyChaiTea, ZoologyGirl and Naagas have all said the same thing. Not just me, although my choice of words was a bit strong. But allll those people must be talking out of their rear ends, right?

Old 02-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #54
alpine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sita View Post
You've used the argument of "it's natural" several times. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's not cruel. Being constricted and suffocated to death is something I can only imagine is painful, terrifying, and can last for minutes. Using CO2 on the other hand takes literally SECONDS (I'm talking 5 at most) to knock out the mouse or rat. There is no pain at all.

If you are so gung-ho about keeping your pets naturally, then I suggest you immediately kill all three of your snakes. As far as I know, only normals and anerys are found in the wild. If you're unwilling to do that, then let them go, since it's also unnatural to keep snakes in a box, since in the wild they roam for miles. If you're unwilling to do THAT, then please dig up some dirt, leaf litter, bugs (make sure you include some of those ticks that are often found on wild snakes!), and maybe some live plants too, since that's kind of what they live on in the wild. Oh, and you can only feed them wild mice found outside that might have internal parasites that they can pass on to the snake. And when you feed them, make sure the mouse can escape, since that happens in the wild too. If you ever breed, make sure you destroy half the clutch right off the bat, and kill about half of the babies right after they hatch, since that's natural too.

Can you see how your argument of "it's natural" is also completely ridiculous?
Lol you really care about the mice huh? Did you really tell me to kill all 3 of my snakes? How about you go **** yourself buddy. Seriously, how moronic can you be? Talking about being humane to animals and then suggest I kill my snakes?

^^That last post pretty much sums up the ignorance I'm being fed on this forum. I'm done with this conversation, I'm sorry you all don't agree with me or the way I feed my snakes and I know you guys were trying to help but a lot of you could have handled the situation better.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #55
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post
Lol you really care about the mice huh? Did you really tell me to kill all 3 of my snakes? How about you go **** yourself buddy. Seriously, how moronic can you be? Talking about being humane to animals and then suggest I kill my snakes?

^^That last post pretty much sums up the ignorance I'm being fed on this forum. I'm done with this conversation, I'm sorry you all don't agree with me or the way I feed my snakes and I know you guys were trying to help but a lot of you could have handled the situation better.
Her point was not only is keeping a snake unnatural, but morphs are too, so if it is "natural" you are aiming for, then kill your snakes if your argument is all about "naturalness".

Old 02-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #56
Sai_Keths
Yes, There are dangers to feeding live.
No, A PINKY will not cause that danger
Yes, Live and fresh-killed have more nutrients
Yes, Feeding live may be cruel
No, Mice are not killed humanely in the wild

My advice, since you have the live mice, do what I do, Kill them first to be safe

Old 02-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #57
Lennycorn
Nice good bye tour!! We see them come and seen them go!!!

The door to the left.

No need to reply if you want us to take you seriously!!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #58
beautifullywild77
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine View Post

wow, she was just giving an example about how they are naturally in the wild. Keeping corns in capitivity is totally different than wild corn snakes. But I'd be careful about what you implied Sita go to do. Just saying. In no way is that a threat, I have just seen where talking like that can go.
I haven't been rude nor called you names. I pointed out facts to your argument. maybe I jumped the gun when I said you were just trying to start a flame war but thats what it seems like to me and others.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #59
Sai_Keths
Oh, and to everyone else, Keep your opinions to yourself.
This would have gone much better if you people had acted your age and replied to Alpines original post by saying something like this:

There are some risks to feeding live, such as the prey biting or scratching the snake.
Also it is a bit inhumane.
I suggest feeding all of your snake Fresh Killed or Frozen/Thawed

Old 02-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai_Keths View Post
Oh, and to everyone else, Keep your opinions to yourself.
This would have gone much better if you people had acted your age and replied to Alpines original post by saying something like this:

There are some risks to feeding live, such as the prey biting or scratching the snake.
Also it is a bit inhumane.
I suggest feeding all of your snake Fresh Killed or Frozen/Thawed
Um sorry kid. You don't make the rules here. No one muzzles me except the people in charge here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google