CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding live to F/T babies ??

Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #61
Sai_Keths
Not muzzling. This person wanted a factual answer and you all turned it into an unnecessary argument

Old 02-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #62
Lennycorn
CornSnakes.com Forums

forum
Definition
fo·rum
[ fáwrəm ]

fo·rumsPlural

NOUN

place to express yourself: a medium in which the public may debate an issue or express opinions, e.g. a magazine or newspaper

meeting for discussion: a meeting to discuss matters of general interest

Internet discussion group: an Internet discussion group for participants with common interests

law court: a law court or tribunal

public square in Roman cities: in ancient Rome, a public square or marketplace in a city where business was conducted and the law courts were situated

Old 02-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #63
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai_Keths View Post
Not muzzling. This person wanted a factual answer and you all turned it into an unnecessary argument
He knew full well what he was doing, and was looking for valedation for something that he knows most of us here find disgusting and/or dangerous.

And you demanding that we "keep our opinions to ourselves" does indeed sound like muzzling to me.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #64
Sita
Quote:
Her point was not only is keeping a snake unnatural, but morphs are too, so if it is "natural" you are aiming for, then kill your snakes if your argument is all about "naturalness".
Thank you, Bethany, that was exactly my point. Obviously it takes a little more intelligence to understand my illustration.

Also, Sai_Keths, I also noted this when I went back to the original question; the OP asked for OPINIONS on converting to live. I think everyone performed admirably on giving the OP their opinions, unfortunately, they were not the opinions he wanted to hear!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #65
Sai_Keths
Well, Ive gotten pretty tired of coming on here for information on corn snakes from all of these "Experts" and getting jabber about how how anyone, weather they are doing something wrong or not, doing something different is instantly wrong.
I believe the OP stated that opinions were wanted because there is no possible way to ever come to a complete and utter definite answer, I also think that social custom dictates it. Im just saying that you people could have been a little nicer.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #66
beautifullywild77
Quote:
Oh, and to everyone else, Keep your opinions to yourself.
This would have gone much better if you people had acted your age and replied to Alpines original post by saying something like this:

There are some risks to feeding live, such as the prey biting or scratching the snake.
Also it is a bit inhumane.
I suggest feeding all of your snake Fresh Killed or Frozen/Thawed
Ummm when you ask a question on a FORUM... you are going to get OPINIONS.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #67
beautifullywild77
Quote:
Well, Ive gotten pretty tired of coming on here for information on corn snakes from all of these "Experts" and getting jabber about how how anyone, weather they are doing something wrong or not, doing something different is instantly wrong.
I believe the OP stated that opinions were wanted because there is no possible way to ever come to a complete and utter definite answer, I also think that social custom dictates it. Im just saying that you people could have been a little nicer.
You just contradicted yourself after you told everyone to keep their opinions to themselves. No one here says they are "Experts:.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #68
Sita
I honestly didn't see anyone being mean until the OP replied that they knew they were going to start a flame war with this thread and that they didn't want to do anything we suggested and was basically going to feed live not matter what anyone said.

It's not "mean" to disagree with someone.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #69
starsevol
To some of us, cruelty issue aside, the OP is like someone saying "I like to take my toddler in the car without a car seat. Nothing can happen, I have a great driving record. And the kid likes it better too. It's more naturalllllll to be free in the car. All you mean people saying I should tie down my kid in the car are wrong because I know what's best for my kid. My sister's friend's uncle said so".

Old 02-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #70
Sai_Keths
I have come here to find facts. I think a lot of people have come for the same thing. As I said before, most of this argument could have been avoided by being nicer and backing up opinions with fact and not shooting people down for doing things differently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google