CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

His first live one!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #71
Lyion
I have noticed males to be bad feeders compared to females as well, Farm. Perhaps because females try to bulk up for reproducing?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #72
Lyion
So I apologize Guage

Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #73
Farmgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7legion77 View Post
Sounds like I am morally a Neanderthal then.
Here's my pro/con list:

F/T:

Pros: Safe and humane!
Cons: Artificial!

Live:

Pros: Beautiful to watch! Psychosexual thrill!
Cons: THE MOUSE MIGHT WIN

is trolling your hobby??
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  6.7 KB

Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #74
guagerage
not needed you have helped

Old 03-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #75
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by guagerage View Post
you are right if he is doing it wrong people need to see it so i can go back to f/t instead of feeding him live!
Honestly? Your snake is rubbish at strike feeding and totally inefficient at killing. Live mice aren't better than thawed mice for feeding in any way, they carry parasites that are killed by freezing that can infect your snake and when they are big enough to defend themselves they can inflict serious injuries. So why do you want to feed live mice rather than F/T?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #76
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Honestly? Your snake is rubbish at strike feeding and totally inefficient at killing. Live mice aren't better than thawed mice for feeding in any way, they carry parasites that are killed by freezing that can infect your snake and when they are big enough to defend themselves they can inflict serious injuries. So why do you want to feed live mice rather than F/T?
Calm down Diamond. I think he understands.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #77
Farmgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
I have noticed males to be bad feeders compared to females as well, Farm. Perhaps because females try to bulk up for reproducing?
quite possible.

I also find one of my males refuses most meals during the breeding season. my other male will eat whatever I give him, whenever I give it to him!!! But you can tell he's that way, he is 6 yrs old and well over 4' and well over 600g.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #78
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirl View Post
quite possible.

I also find one of my males refuses most meals during the breeding season. my other male will eat whatever I give him, whenever I give it to him!!! But you can tell he's that way, he is 6 yrs old and well over 4' and well over 600g.
Wow! A big boy! Do you have any pics?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #79
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
Calm down Diamond. I think he understands.
I'm totally calm. I've fed live when I've had to, despite screaming opposition on UK reptile forums and the general mistaken belief that it's totally illegal here. But it was to rehab non-feeders, which is why I'm asking why the OP wants to do it. I found it a pain in the backside, as you can't actually buy live feeder mice here, you have to grow your own

Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #80
Farmgirl
I have to get some more. My hard drive recently died and I had not backed up any of my pics to a removable device. So I have "redo" all my pics of all my beauties!! *sigh*

I will get you some pics of Pirwa (my big boy) ASAP!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google