CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

non feeder (help)

Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #41
firfly
Thanks, Diamondlil whats bothering me is the only day I can pick up live pinks is tomorrow, which I am on duty at the firehouse. Will a pinky make it overnight, or would it be best to try tomorrow?

Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #42
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by firfly View Post
Thanks, Diamondlil whats bothering me is the only day I can pick up live pinks is tomorrow, which I am on duty at the firehouse. Will a pinky make it overnight, or would it be best to try tomorrow?
To be honest, I'd give the pinky in the feeding tub as soon as possible to take advantage of the move (some cases the non-feeding snake will eat right away before settling, as Lil did when I took her on a train journey back for the shop to get her feeding), that way if the first feeding doesn't work you can then leave the snake to settle before trying again.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #43
firfly
Sounds good, I will try it tomorrow then.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #44
firfly
Well, I guess I can try the F/T tuna scented pinky tonight if he dosnt take it, I am sure Aries will make sure it dosnt go to waste.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #45
firfly
Well, I thawed a pinky brained it and covered it in warm tuna juice, I guess thats what you would call it. Placed him in a small deli cup,which has been placed in a nice quite dark place, temp in that room is 79.3 degrees. We will see what happens.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #46
schnebbles
He is feisty isn't he? Did he eat it? I'm guessing not. I hope the live works.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #47
firfly
Nope, I am going to try live, then rubbing a pink down with an anole, if he wont eat by this time next week, Ill force feed him and start all over in 5 days. He is a very active little guy and seems to be hunting in his enclosure so I really think I have a good chance with the live pink.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #48
schnebbles
I do too. I was gonna suggest scenting it with an anole. Like I said, my friends 4 that I tried to feed, 2 of them eventually ate on their own, so he's not in any danger of starving yet I don't think. my girl was 3 months when I got her.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
firfly
Went to get the live pink, and wouldnt you know it. No live pinks, so I have to wait until Wen. So guess Ill try the anole trick.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #50
schnebbles
Anole is likely to work!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google