CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

non feeder (help)

Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
schnebbles
so he didn't eat? give him time.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #62
firfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebbles View Post
so he didn't eat? give him time.
Nope, not this time.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #63
schnebbles
I think he will eventually. I'd keep trying every 4-5 days with anole scented in the deli, or if you get lucky to get live pinkys that would probably work.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #64
firfly
Well still no luck, the female is growing and this little fella is so small.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #65
firfly
I returned from the store today with a live pink, we shall see.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #66
firfly
Well, no luck with the live pink, however we do have first successful feeding although forced one pinky head no regurge. So I feel better knowing he has eaten something, hopefully one force feeding will get him going.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
screamindemon17
How does one force feed a young snake? What tools are used ? I have my first and second clutches this year and i want to be 100% sure my little ones eat. And if not willingly i can do the force feed so to hopefully give them a chance to eat by themselfs the next time i offer food. I wont sale them until they have eatten atleast 4 times on there own.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #68
firfly
Sorry, screamin there are probably a lot more experienced people who can better answer the question. I used my 18" thin tongs, and talked to alot of other keepers, watched alot of videos befor attempting this. That would be my suggestion to you tons of information on this sight just ask, also tons of videos and how to, on the web.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #69
schnebbles
force feeding is kind of difficult, maybe more time consuming and frustrating sometimes than actually difficult - I bet the 18" thin tongs are great. I watched web videos too.

I hope the little guy eats!! He still has time though. Maybe next try the live pinky with anole scent?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #70
firfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebbles View Post
force feeding is kind of difficult, maybe more time consuming and frustrating sometimes than actually difficult - I bet the 18" thin tongs are great. I watched web videos too.

I hope the little guy eats!! He still has time though. Maybe next try the live pinky with anole scent?
Yeah, I think he will catch on, I will offer and if nothing else another pinky head down the hatch. I do feel alot better though knowing he has had something to eat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google