CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Scales Rotting/Dry/Cracked on my Albino Corn Snake

Old 06-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #21
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyreiania View Post
Their little lives are so proscribed; trapped in a cage, even my 135 gallon terrarium is confining if that's where they are the majority of the time. If they are happy with an extra mouse, fine by me. If I'm anthropomorphically thinking they are happier with an extra mouse, thats OK also. If it means they have high cholesterol levels, atherosclerosis, and snake diabetes, (if a snake can even get diabetes secondary to obesity) they may indeed live a shorter span, but perhaps, more contentedly. And that is fine by me as well.
You'd contentedly and knowingly risk your pets health and shorten its lifespan? A creature totally dependent on you for all of its needs. To anthroporphomise further, would you say parents raising obese children are ok giving them extra snacks and treats because it makes them happy?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
SnakeAround
I'm getting popcorn to watch this discussion

Old 06-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
I'm getting popcorn to watch this discussion

I think I will to, extra butter and some jalepino sprinkle salt lol

Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
SnakeAround
Popcorn needs sugar or caramel, not savory stuff

Old 06-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #25
starsevol
Ugh, I am pretty sure his scales are cracking because you are killing him.
Co habbing is stressful, and I don't care how big the tank is. Stress kills.

Keeping him on pine, oh yeah the jury is out on it, but you don't seem to care about putting him on something that is PROVEN TO BE SAFE. Yay, let's play some substrate Russian Roulette....

And worst of all, overfeeding. Right now his "chubbiness" is causing his organs to be crushed by his own weight.
And pretty soon his heart, or lung, or liver will stop functioning as a result.

Way to go, you are a great pet owner.......

Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
beautifullywild77
Wow... My snakes are like one of my kids. I do everything to keep them safe and healthy.
I can't believe you are willing to shorten your pets lifespan because of an extra mouse which is not needed because you think it makes him happy. Your snake will suffer horribly because of your selfishness or stubbornness. I really feel for your snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google