CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

shedding

Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Yamahajones
shedding

how long after the blue phase will snake go into shed. my snake went into blue phase on the 8th. and only lasted maybe 24hrs. lynx is always hiding i never see him out yesterday i went to go spot clean the tank and lynx lunged at me witch he never does (only when he was in blue phase) and was real skidish and went to the other side of the tank. im not using a uth atm. just heat lamp i know uth better just dont have the funds right now to get one. will the snake not come out if its to bright? just starting to get lil worried never had a snake act like this.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Dakota314
After they clear up from being in blue, they should shed within 1-3 days. Sometimes it's a little longer. Expect a shed soon! He probably lunged because he is going to shed soon.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
bitsy
It's usual for the blue phase to last a few days at least. Sometimes mine can go 1-2 weeks in blue.

As they're active at times of low or no light (dawn, dusk, overnight) in the wild, then yes, using the light could be making him hide away more than you'd normally expect when it's on.

Overheating can also cause them to get a bit antsy, so make sure your heat lamp is controlled and double-check that the temp on the warm side floor isn't getting above 90.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Yamahajones
The lamps gets hot side at 85 cool side around 76. Is just weird blue phase only lasted a day did this happen to anyone else?

Old 06-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
Yamahajones
after work i came home to a nice shed all in one piece was so happy to see it. how long after is shed till i can handle him again bc he is still lil jumpy. should i feed him tomorrow? his actual feed day was sat.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #6
Nanci
You can handle and feed him any time after the shed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google