CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I think I had a regurge?

Old 06-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Dboy4100
I think I had a regurge?

Okay so last week I fed my snake ONE pinkie mouse. She really didn't have a "lump" in her stomach though, so I thought for the next feeding I would feed her two pinkie mice (she's about 14 inches long). Everything went normal for that first feeding.

So on friday, I fed her two pinkie mice. about four hours later, my cousin had forgot that I fed my snake and he played with her for about 5 mins until I told him to put her back (we left her alone after this).

latttttte on saturday night, I noticed in the viv that it was a small piece of something on the bedding. it was about dime sized, and grayish (could it be that she regurgitated only a piece of the mouse?). I stupidly forgot to take a picture of that and threw it out.

Now here comes Monday morning, and I found THIS in the viv. Im sorry the pic is so small. What is this? It looks totally different from the last time she pooped. Could it be that it's a half digested mouse?

also, if this is a regurge, what is the cause? Was it the 5 minute handling from my cousin, or was it that she's just not ready for two pinkies yet?

Old 06-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
BloodyBaroness
Hmmm... that picture is really tiny, hard to tell.

Eating two pinkies for the first time, then getting played with may have caused a regurge.

Wait 10 days before you feed her again. Feed her a one pinkie and see how she does. Do that for at least 2-3 feedings, then move her back to two pinkies if she is doing okay.

Make sure stick with the no handling for two days after they eat and she should be good to go.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
MysticExotics
I agree with Autumn.
Also, it would be good to order some NutriBAC, to have on hand.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
airenlow
I agree...better safe than sorry!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Dboy4100
Ok! The same thing happened last night! What is this? It's definetly not poop!

Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
Dboy4100
It's surrounded by some white material, if you can't tell in the above picture.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
BloodyBaroness
If it has white stuff, that's urate, the snake form of urine. So it may very well be horrible poop.

Question, does it smell like rot or death? Regurges smell like dead stuff. Truly horrible. Poop smells, just not nearly as bad.

Stick with the 10 day no food. Then a small meal.

How old is she?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Dboy4100
It stinks, but it isn't a very strong smell. It's bearable.

I actually have no idea how old she is. She's about 14 inches long though.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
BloodyBaroness
If the smell is bearable, it may be really stress out, or upset tummy poop. Regurges smell like something straight out of a nightmare. Ugh.

Go ahead and do the 10 fast (no food) this will let her tummy settle back out. Then feed a single pinky. If she takes a single pinky 2-3 times on her normal feeding schedule, move back to two pinkies.

If she keeps down the 2 pinkies, she may be ready for a fuzzy soon.

Can you get a picture of her? Just for size scale.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
Nanci
See- I look at that latest pic and without reading anything beyond "It happened again last night" it looks like poop to me. Definitely. See how it is long and stringy like intestines? Comparing reptiles to birds, if you see a really firm bird poo it will look like that- like a pile of green yarn, or something. AND the clincher is I can see urates.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google