CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

snake not eating...HELP!!!

Old 04-08-2002, 07:54 PM   #1
nicky
snake not eating...HELP!!!

hey everyone, Today for my cornsnakeis feeding day. Befor supper I prepar or defrost 1 pinky mouse. and feedit to my snake see I heard that it's better to feed small and often food rather than one big meal a week so I feed one on monday one on wensday and one on friday which should fill himup ( If this is wrong or you think this could be dangerous to him i don't know how but anyway let me know) So Today I prepared 3 pinkys but as I went to feed him he wouldn't except? After much persation he ate on. Then I felt the mice and noticed they were cold so I went and nuked them, Big mistake! They exploded! ewwww It was gross anyway that's when I came up with the I dea of spreading out his meal during the week. I'm wondering what if this dosen't work? also I heard of people senting prey? How do you does it cost much? do I have to kill something? Cuz I don't want to.
Any help appraciated!
thanx

Old 04-08-2002, 08:17 PM   #2
CornsnakeKeeper
I would personally give him all 3 at one time a week. That would make it less stressful. As long as he ate, calm down, and don't worry about scenting. I prefer to leave my mouse out for a while until they are completely thawed and room temp. They do usually explode in the microwave from what Ive heard. From now on, you have to be sure that they are completely thawed and room temp. From what Ive understood, frozen parts of a pinky could kill your snake. Just watch him, he sounds like he should be okay. Give him a few days before you try feeding once more. Good luck!

Old 04-08-2002, 08:46 PM   #3
kenalotia
don't worry

As long as he ate one of the pinkies don't worry about him. If he ate one on Friday, too, then he should be pretty well fed. Since the pinkies were still cold that may be why he wasn't interested. In any case, if he is eating regularly, and simply ate a little less than usual today, there is no problem.

I think Cornsnakekeeper is right in that it is fine to give him all three pinkies together in one meal, assuming he is large enough. Unless he was a very late hatchling, he probably is.

Old 04-08-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
nicky
thanx

ok thanx,
ya I think I'll give him the remaing 2 pinkys on thursday and from now on I'll give him all 3 togther, makes my life easyer and his. thanx again

Old 04-10-2002, 12:39 PM   #5
kenalotia
You said "the remaining two pinkies" - are you planning to feed him the same two pinkies you tried to feed him before? I don't think that mice that have been refrozen & thawed are good anymore. Just give him new pinkies instead.

K

Old 04-10-2002, 04:11 PM   #6
nicky
noi

no i ment all give him 2 new one
the old ones exploded in the microwave

Old 04-10-2002, 04:21 PM   #7
kenalotia
Oh yeah, forgot about that... hehehe. Exploding mice sound funny, even though I know they aren't in reality.

K

Old 04-11-2002, 01:14 AM   #8
sueb
I was told, because of my prob feeding Cleo, that if the f/t has freezer burn on it, the snake might not like the "taste" of it. I guess that they are like us, if our food has freezer burn it tastes funny and we don't eat it either. That's why I tried live mice for Cleo, but that didn't work either, She just killed them and left them there Oh well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google