CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Sad Accident. Advice?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #91
hana
I somehow missed this thread untill just now. I sure do hope Bill recovers for you Dean. And like everyone said, don't beat yourself up about this. We all make mistakes. Even people as perfect as me.

hana

Old 01-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #92
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
I'll add my own little stupid oversight story...
Yet another very instructive story. I was thinking that it would be helpful to compile all of these stories into a sticky thread sometime. Maybe it would keep people from making the mistakes we've made. Of course, I'd read of a case similar to my own only weeks before Bill's incident... and it happened anyway.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #93
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by hana
We all make mistakes. Even people as perfect as me.
I refuse to believe that you've ever made a mistake. Buying a monkey would be a mistake for me, but you make it work!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #94
ultimuttone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Yet another very instructive story. I was thinking that it would be helpful to compile all of these stories into a sticky thread sometime. Maybe it would keep people from making the mistakes we've made. Of course, I'd read of a case similar to my own only weeks before Bill's incident... and it happened anyway.
I think that would be a good idea. Even though accidents will always happen, it might help to have a better idea just what kinds of things to be careful of. Sometimes it is something we would never consider a potential problem (like UPC sticker glue).

Old 01-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #95
mbdorfer
I think he looks pretty darn good Dean. That first pic may seem alarming, but considering what happened, looks like he's just got a "headache". My money's on Bill.....Go Bill!!!!!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #96
Preita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
IBuying a monkey would be a mistake for me, but you make it work!
lol seriously you made me do the laugh/snort! My husband likes to tease me about getting a monkey because I'm seriously afraid of them. I tell him if I wanted something in diapers & flinging poo (not all are like that I understand) I would have a 2 year old

Old 01-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #97
MegF.
It's too bad you can't use a chiropractor for him. Little neck adjustment! I would want an x-ray first though. As far as tape or anything sticky, I can testify that vegetable oil or olive oil will do the trick everytime! A simple soaking or use a q-tip to drip the oil on will dissolve most tape and sticky glue residue in no time. Troy, who I got my Green tree python from has had the cornsnake hatchlings get out and get stuck to the glue traps he puts out to catch errant crickets. A shallow bath of vegetable oil and they are off the glue in a few minutes.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:45 PM   #98
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
I think he looks pretty darn good Dean. That first pic may seem alarming, but considering what happened, looks like he's just got a "headache". My money's on Bill.....Go Bill!!!!!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to make it. I can't be unrealistic in my expectations for his speedy rehabilitation. If my neck was caught in the front door, and then someone applied a vice to the whole thing, I'd probably look pretty bad a mere five days later. My money's on Bill too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prieta
lol seriously you made me do the laugh/snort! My husband likes to tease me about getting a monkey because I'm seriously afraid of them. I tell him if I wanted something in diapers & flinging poo (not all are like that I understand) I would have a 2 year old
I'm scared of them too. I think I watched the movie "Monkeyshines" a few too many times in the late eighties. It combined two of my most intense phobias: confinement/immobility and... monkeys.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #99
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimuttone
I think that would be a good idea. Even though accidents will always happen, it might help to have a better idea just what kinds of things to be careful of. Sometimes it is something we would never consider a potential problem (like UPC sticker glue).
Yeah, I still think it's a good idea. And that UPC glue thing... you know I'm paranoid, but even that one never occurred to me. (And I had a "tape incident" in the early '90s). What else haven't I imagined...

Old 01-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #100
Joni Garcia
I'm glad to see how well Bill is doing. I bet that's a relief. We'll be looking forward to an update on his feeding next week. I hope all goes well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google