CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

the saga continues........

Old 03-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #41
SnakeCreations
Congrats Mom!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil

Lil all skin and bones

Lil has started growing!
She looks great!! A real credit to your hard work

-Tonya

Old 03-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #42
diamondlil
Thanks, she is worth every minute of mouse-blending, even worse is trying to push puree of day-old chick through a metal sieve so you can syringe it up. Am just praying the mice will do their duty, and she will take the resulting pinks, but hadn't realised the progress we're making 'til I compared the 2 pics

Old 03-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #43
jenkva
Exemplary owner!

I hope Lil will take to the live pinkies.
Congratulations on doing such a good job with her and for being such a devoted owner as well as a “Super Nurse”, you really deserve a big round of applauses

Old 03-03-2006, 06:26 AM   #44
diamondlil
Lmao! How could any corn owner not be devoted? At first I had got to the point of thinking she would die anyway, but she is strong enough now that the feeding involves a wrestling match. Her temperament still excellent, I was worried that she might have got handshy, but no worries there, she only struggles when I actually open her mouth.
Thanks for all the support and help from this site, when she fially eats voluntarily I will bore everyone with pics!

Old 03-03-2006, 06:33 AM   #45
jenkva
Quote:
Lmao! How could any corn owner not be devoted? At first I had got to the point of thinking she would die anyway, but she is strong enough now that the feeding involves a wrestling match. Her temperament still excellent, I was worried that she might have got handshy, but no worries there, she only struggles when I actually open her mouth.
Thanks for all the support and help from this site, when she fially eats voluntarily I will bore everyone with pics!
Not all owners are good owners therefore I felt that good ones should be acknowledge, it is always nice to hear compliments, right!?
Yes please, bore us with pics and details, we love to be bored

Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #46
diamondlil
true enough, there are many bad owners of pets in general, but I don't see the point of getting any animal if I'm not prepared to put any effort necessary for it's health. Also I think the hidden costs of petkeeping are what some people don't budget for, have quite an investment in water conditioners and tonics for my fish, the cheapest ones in my tank, the black neons cost me a fortune to get the water right for their health, but if I want fish, I want them happy and healthy, otherwise I may as well just get a video loop and watch it!

Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #47
jenkva
Quote:
.... otherwise I may as well just get a video loop and watch it!
roflmao... good one

Old 03-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #48
diamondlil
well if I can love a 1-eyed gerbil who wants to take off my fingers every time I go near him...........but seriously Lil is worth it to me, as is every one of the menagerie living here

Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 AM   #49
jenkva
How many fingers are you missing now...LOL....?
This is very true though, I don't think it is what the animal looks like but to give the animal a good decent life and not jump into animal keeping without researching it first and making sure you are ready to commit yourself to its wellbeing.
I rescued my two cats from the Cat Protection League and when they asked me if I wanted to know what they look like I said No as it doesn’t matter to me. I was lucky and ended up with two beautiful cats which are adorable

Old 03-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #50
diamondlil
feeding day for the little'uns again, Lil has reached the whopping weight of 21gs!!!!!!!!!, so I thawed 2 pinkies for calamity, a peach fuzzy for Slim, and a pink and the secret weapon, a chick drumstick for Lil.
Of course the other 2 ate, no problems, but Lil, nope. She did actually spend some time digging her nose on both the chick and the brained pink, which is the most interest she's shown in feeding herself for ages, so I went off for a coffee and left her in peace for hour.
Came back to find her curled up happily and the food all covered in Lil's poop out with the mouse puree and syringe, and 1 indignant snow is settled down to digest in peace.
The good thing is the mice should be parents around the 18th, so no more feedings for Lil, she has enough weight to make me think I can let her be hungry now for the live pink.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google