CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I am scared out of my wits right now....

Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
starsevol
I am scared out of my wits right now....

Tonight was feeding night. My 10 and a half year old girl Keeper has always been a great eater. She came out of bru Superbowl Sunday and ate every single Saturday until April 11. I didn't think much of that, since she shed a few days later. She ate again on April 18, but not last Saturday April 25.
She's never had a regurg, and her poos are normal looking and don't smell bad AT ALL....
But when I lifted her hide to look at her...this is what I found. I'm TERRIFIED.
I am calling the vet tomorrow morning.
She will have to go in another room til she's diagnosed.
I don't know what to do! Is this cryto?
Am I going to lose my whole collection?

Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Tim66/corns
Beth I hope she will be O.K.
I have never heard of cryto in corns or what it is even?
Hoping everything works out and she will get better.
PM me if you need to talk.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Nanci
Well, I don't know. BUT you've had her ten plus years. If she had crypto, you would have known by now. One sign is a swollen stomach, but not so huge so fast. It doesn't look good, but it doesn't look like crypto. Looks like some sort of bowel obstruction. Maybe? Ok, you saw her April 25th, and I assume she did not look like that? I don't know, Beth. I hope you can get her in to the vet tomorrow.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
wade
Wow Beth, that is scary. I think bowel obstruction sounds right as well. Good luck!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
danielle
I agree her stool in the pic looks normal and not bloody or mucusy, but its weird she could pass that amount of stool unless it is just a partial block, but then she wouldn't be that swollen. I don't know but hopefully the vet can get to the bottom of this fast. Good job on separating her for now I'll send some good snakey vibes your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
starsevol
April 25 I don't remember if I saw all of her, or just her head poking out of her hide. She's alert....

Bowel obstruction is BAD, and I don't want to lose her. But I'd rather lose just one than all of them.....

But she's the first snake I ever hatched.....

Old 05-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
wade
Hope for the best Beth, you can't do anything between now and morning. Good luck.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
Susielea
I'll be thinking of you Beth! (((hugs)))

Old 05-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
Roy Munson
There are so many things that can cause blockage (or the appearance of blockage) that have nothing to do with crypto. I'd definitely observe her carefully for the next few weeks, but don't panic yet!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #10
starsevol
Thanx

At least since it doesn't appear to be crypto I can breathe again...and focus on doing what's best for Keeper.

I feel like a horrible keeper. With breeding and everything else going on I can't remember if I saw her whole body or just her nose sticking out of her hide the last time I saw her. But her cage was clean, or I would have gotten to that. The poo is pretty recent...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google