CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

i need some advice help :(

Old 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
Asbit
Well DarkSmoke you and I can now work together to get our snakes through a regurge, one of the little ones I just got, regurged yesterday. It was only part of his meal and it was the 5th day after he ate it.

Good luck to your snake, it has a lot more body mass to pull it through than mine and I am not worried about waiting the 10 days and starting with a very tiny meal (1/3 the size he had before) and only feeding every 7 days after that. My snake weighs only 8 gms, that's 2 gms less than a partially used small white eraser. Just thought I would let you know that so you can feel better about feeding you snake such small meals.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #32
kathylove
I just want to reinforce the fact that the other posters are entirely correct. Growth is the last thing you want to worry about now. That will be quite a while in the future, if your snake survives this ordeal. Your only concern now, and for the next 3 or 4 months, is to get him to eat, AND DIGEST, whatever size meal he can handle.

It is really difficult to be patient enough to do this ever so slowly - I know from my own experience, lol But if you are not patient enough, he is not likely to survive. So try to patiently follow the advice here, slowly but surely. If he gets, and stays, healthy, he will eventually grow to adult size, even if it takes him longer than some other corns his age. Survival is the only important issue at this time.

Good luck!

Old 11-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #33
DarkSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
I just want to reinforce the fact that the other posters are entirely correct. Growth is the last thing you want to worry about now. That will be quite a while in the future, if your snake survives this ordeal. Your only concern now, and for the next 3 or 4 months, is to get him to eat, AND DIGEST, whatever size meal he can handle.

It is really difficult to be patient enough to do this ever so slowly - I know from my own experience, lol But if you are not patient enough, he is not likely to survive. So try to patiently follow the advice here, slowly but surely. If he gets, and stays, healthy, he will eventually grow to adult size, even if it takes him longer than some other corns his age. Survival is the only important issue at this time.

Good luck!
thanks alot! survival is my only current aim

Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #34
DarkSmoke
i just fed him the smalles pinky i could buy today. he ate it quickly. well lets hope for the good, if he regurgs, i got a name of a vet that knows about snakes in malta, i will have to give him a call. but i hope it doesnt come to that.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #35
kathylove
If he regurges, you will have to feed just a pinkie head, or go to tubing with eggs for a while, to build him back up. If he regurges again, I would highly suggest Nutri Bac, if you can get it. I would never discourage a visit to a REPTILE vet (one who has had experience with this exact problem), although I am not sure what they could do other than what has already been suggested.

Hope it works out ok.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #36
LBoz
Since he regurged twice and it's only been seven days since his last regurg, I will be hoping for the best for the little guy. Try to keep him as undisturbed as possible. Don't startle him or even stick your face in his viv to check on him. If he regurges, trust me, you'll smell it across the room. Best of luck to you both.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #37
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
i just fed him the smalles pinky i could buy today. he ate it quickly. well lets hope for the good, if he regurgs, i got a name of a vet that knows about snakes in malta, i will have to give him a call. but i hope it doesnt come to that.
Super news! I suspect that being hungry after several regurgs is probably a good sign.

Stick with Kathy's advice. I've now read 2 of her books & the books are excellent.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:04 AM   #38
DarkSmoke
well yeah im being as cautios as possible. im not even re arranging his hideouts, also tolled my g/f to stop doing things near his viv. well i'll keep the post updated, no regurgs so far.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #39
DarkSmoke
ok tonight 48 hours will be passed, and tomorrow morning i'll check on if the bumb is gone (well it will be gone since it usually takes him only 48 hours to eat a mouse of his size) no regurgs so far as far as i can see but i will check around the viv well if there's no bumb in the snake. if i see a bumb in the snake then it means he's gona regurg cause thats what he always did when he regurged it regurged the whole mouse after 48hrs+

Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #40
LBoz
Personally, I'd leave him alone even longer than you normally would. If there was a regurg, you'd smell it without having to root around his viv. Even if the bump is still there, there's nothing you can do about it. Give him some time and try not to worry.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google