CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My 4 month old corn wont kill before he eats?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #81
TnTme
starsevol...I think that is a rather blanket statement to make about an entire country. Unless you have been to or have been raised there, its just an assumption you've made based on Darksmoke's less than stellar values concerning animals. I think assuming he was raised in a HOME that had very little compassion for other living things may be more on target.

Quote:
Apparently this person values watching a mouse get tortured to death more than he values his snake.
That is the truest statement in this post as we have at least read about his lack of interest in the suffering of a living creature. WE can't assume that one person represents and entire country.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #82
TnTme
Ahem.........hehee...um that is me there ...Aislin. I forgot my son was logged in. *blushes*

Old 01-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #83
AWSneer
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I know that Pepper. My point is that this person was raised in an atmosphere where animal cruelty is an everyday occurance. Instead of listening to us, and feeling SOME sense of responsibility for his snake or compassion for the mouse, he defends his cruelty by saying that asians are crueller.
I like to think that people can LEARN....but when raised in a place where animals have no purpose except for food or barbaric entertainment, what can we expect?

Apparently this person values watching a mouse get tortured to death more than he values his snake.
Sad.
It IS pretty sad when a FEEDER mouse does its job. Please, GET OVER IT! You arent going to change someone on a forum becuase YOU think its a bad thing. My god. lol

Old 01-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #84
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSneer View Post
It IS pretty sad when a FEEDER mouse does its job. Please, GET OVER IT! You arent going to change someone on a forum becuase YOU think its a bad thing. My god. lol
NOPE. I'm NOT going to "get over it". Ain't gonna happen!!
Some things ARE neccessary, SOME things are NOT.
UNECCESSARY cruelty is something I will ALWAYS Speak up about.

And I am not the only one who thinks it's a "bad thing" either.
Umm look around, o you who does not read the entire thread....
read what people who know much more than either of us have to say about this matter.

There are people who would like nothing better than to ban reptile keeping completely.
Why give them ammo?
Why perpetuate "certain" stereotypes?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #85
AWSneer
You arent the only one... I never said you were. I dont think its necessary either hence this thread. Reptiles will never get banned dont kid yourself.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #86
AWSneer
All Im saying is that you are wasting your time trying to convince people. Especially people you are calling names, stereotyping and making fun of where they are from? I mean really? you are 47 years old... I realize boredom is there, but honestly I think you got your point across and are now just making an ass out of yourself.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #87
starsevol
Quote:
You arent the only one... I never said you were. I dont think its necessary either hence this thread. Reptiles will never get banned dont kid yourself.
Are you sure about that?
Right this minute reptiles ARE banned in Detroit.
Right this minute there ARE bills circulating through Congress trying to ban boas and pythons.
Right now HSUS and PETA is doing everything in their power to aid the government in banning reptiles.
Don't kid yourself......

Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #88
starsevol
Quote:
All Im saying is that you are wasting your time trying to convince people. Especially people you are calling names, stereotyping and making fun of where they are from? I mean really? you are 47 years old... I realize boredom is there, but honestly I think you got your point across and are now just making an ass out of yourself.
No, I didn't get my point across. To that one anyway.
You DO realize that there are certain corners of this world where thoughtless animal cruelty is commonplace.
You can do things to animals in China (or Malta) that would get you thrown in prison here.
Sad fact, but a fact nonetheless.
This person was raised that way.
Doesn't mean ALL aspects of that corner of the world are bad, but THAT aspect sure is.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #89
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
HAHAHAHHAHA. Reptiles, especially snakes, are always on the edge of being banned, because HSUS and PETA know that people fear them and so they'll be an easy foot in the door to convincing congressmen to ban other exotics, like fish and birds, followed by things like ferrets and rats, followed by... idk, cats and dogs? Learn your stuff before you go telling people that their hobby, which they've invested thousands of dollars and over ten or twenty years in some cases to. And don't kid yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTme View Post
starsevol...I think that is a rather blanket statement to make about an entire country. Unless you have been to or have been raised there, its just an assumption you've made based on Darksmoke's less than stellar values concerning animals. I think assuming he was raised in a HOME that had very little compassion for other living things may be more on target.

That is the truest statement in this post as we have at least read about his lack of interest in the suffering of a living creature. WE can't assume that one person represents and entire country.
He himself stated that in his country when a mouse is seen, everyone practically dogpiles to kill it with no remorse. I agree Beth's statement was a little out there, but try to remember it was in response to WELL AZNS R MOR CROOL SO IT DOESNT MATTER LOL (which my Chinese, Korean, Filipino, Indian, etc friends would likely rip him to shreds for.)

Old 01-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #90
Aislin
You're right Pepper, he did state that but again you can't accept the perception of an entire country based on one persons statements. It could be true that many people he knows would do this but not necessarily everyone, maybe not even most of them.

I've never been to Malta, hec never been farther than Mexico but judging an entire nation based on one person is not right. You have to admit that his statement that they would all jump on a mouse if given the chance could have been said to defend his lack of sensitivity in this issue. ie. make himself look better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google