• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh, Craigslist...

There is a post on my local Craigslist for a "breeding pair of aggressive corn snakes to an experienced home only!". They are in a 20 gallon tank with a lamp. No crap they are aggressive, the female is probably being harassed to death by the male, and then roasted by the leat lamp. I want SO bad to help them, but I can't go out and save every snake :(

I get so angry when I hear of posts like this, most are from stupid ignorant people too lazy to study proper husbandry for their animal.
I once "rescued" a beautiful adult Amel Female that was housed in a 20L with filthy stinking water and viv, no heat,she refused feed,
I tried everything then took her to the vet for tests only to find she had Crypto. She died a month later, it just made me sick. This goes on all the time.

Last edited:
This one makes me sad!
2 baby snakes( need gone by monday) (south lansing)
My boyfriend has decided to sell his baby snakes. They are 3 weeks old max!! I think he said they are milk snakes(not 100%) I NEED THEM GONE BY TOMORROW!!
Been feeding them worms!

Want to go to good homes!!!

Asking $25 each or $50 for both.

Have pictures but can't add
Text for pics 517 - two one four - 6648
(Any time before 11:30)

5' red tail boa and 3 1/2' ball python in 200 gallon enclosure (rochelle/ dekalb/ rockford)
hi i have a 5' red tail boa and a 3 1/2' ball python the red tail boa is gorgeous and i have had him since he was small these snakes are pretty expensive and not easy to find the ball python on the other hand is pretty common and not to expensive the setup they are in is a 200 gallon tank with a 40 gallon attached to it so they have more room there are some giant beautiful pieces of drift wood in the tank as well along with various other things water dish heat rock ect.... this setup was not cheap and would cost you a decent penny to get it from pet stores but i need to find them a good home before i move so throw me your offers cash trades just hit me up with what ever you got the worst i will say is no

Is this even a type of gecko?
Free Gecco to Good Home (Lansing, MI)
3Ef3L43N25Gd5E55M3d5j5035e8b0014f1c94.jpg

Recently was given a Gecko as a gift and cant keep it. He is free to a good home if you would like to have him. If you want it please contact me at 517 897 1344
thank you

Lol, I know what you mean! I need to stay off craigslist, as well. In the last couple months, I have rescued three young tortoises and a hatchling bearded dragon from CL people. (The beardie and one tortoise passed away, unfortunately--I really do mean "rescue"! The other two don't look very good, but they're hanging in there..)

Not to mention the sheer temptation sometimes! I've been wanting to try my hand at breeding certain skinks... And then Craigslist had to go and gift me with a (allegedly) proven pair of Fire skinks and a pair of Schneider's skinks. LOL. I'm having to re-learn how to say NO!

In the likelihood that the ad gets deleted:

baby snake
3G33Ma3H95I35K95F3d5m051d0f9ae60f1ac0.jpg

cute baby snake water snake not sure which kind. healthy just a 20 rehoming fee thanks
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3822371643 Posted: 2013-05-22, 4:12PM EDT email to a friend

Can anyone Id this little guy? I'm really hoping he's an actual water snake and not some poor ground animal that's now struggling in a jar. I've emailed the guy just because I want to get this poor animal out of this jerks hands.

Thanks for the info! Still haven't heard back. Worried about that poor animal. How do I even go about reporting it? Or do I not even try and just get the little snake and set him back where he belongs?

Do I win yet?

Man, craigslist has been fun so far this year, I've actually managed to stay off it except for selling off excess feeder rabbits/ones I find too cute to feed to things... Here's the latest ad:

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3820497422.html

Lovely, lets feed a retic a live prey item out of it's enclosure, a prey item that is frankly much too large for the snake.... People like this are what jeopardizes ME and my ability to keep large constrictors...

In other news, new people move into town, start hoarding snakes that they aren't feeding, giving anywhere near decent enclosures, or enough water and start trying to sell above market value on craigslist, the pictures I got of the bps and the conda they had showed a pretty starved/dehydrated animal. Thankfully, they lived on base which has a limit of animals/restrictions on exotics. Few minutes of internet searching to track down their address and a couple phone calls to base authorities took care of that in a hurry.

Back