CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

how soon to feed after extreme heat?

Old 07-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Jenn_Tigercat
Question how soon to feed after extreme heat?

I came home thursday evening to find my bedroom at 110 degrees. I had finally broken down and gotten a portable ac unit for my bedroom. Apparently though there are little screws to hold the tube to the window piece they weren't enough and it came out. Surprisingly the only reptile i lost was a leopard gecko. All of the snakes were alive. My question is should i go ahead and feed them or give them some time to recover?

I have gone to lowes and got longer screws as well as nuts to secure the tube better and have fixed it. So it shouldnt fall out any more.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
snakewispera snr
Leave it a week or so IMO.. So you can monitor your AC and viv temps, and the reps can chill out for a bit... So to speak... LOL

Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
-blaine-
I'm not the most expierenced here but i say give it a week to be on the safe side.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
BloodyBaroness
I agree with Mike. Leave them be for a week at least. Make sure they have access to water and make certain the temps stay fairly steady. Offer a meal if things are stable and everything looks good after 7 days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google