CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

crypto out break at work

Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #21
Carinata
Various parasites look like Crypto, hence why it's so hard to treat in the beginning stages. You may be giving your snake panacur but that's only stressing it even more which is allowing the Crypto to grow! Which is why it's best to insist on getting the tests done if you suspect crypto

Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalchow View Post
It does need to be tested but the case that Bob is referring to, The vet was sure that was the case because the snake had all of the symptoms. Once the vet did test it proved that some times symptoms are not always correct. So it is really important that if crypto is suspected to have the snake tested. Don't just assume it is because it may indeed be something treatable, basically.
Ok thank you.

Looks like experirnce is talking here!!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #23
cornbreadandmilk
Out off all seriousness do i just have to dksinfect my hands or cloths also_ ? And was some one serious when they said theid whole body

Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadandmilk View Post
Out off all seriousness do i just have to dksinfect my hands or cloths also_ ? And was some one serious when they said theid whole body

As long as that is all that will come in contact with your snakes at home it is all you need to do. No you don't have to shave your entire body lol The frozen feeders at your work should be fine as long as you wash your hands before getting them to take home.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #25
Christen
LOL No you don't have to shave and disinfect your whole body. I would disinfect your hands and arms and maybe your shirt, depending on how you were holding the animal.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
cornbreadandmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
As long as that is all that will come in contact with your snakes at home it is all you need to do. No you don't have to shave your entire body lol The frozen feeders at your work should be fine as long as you wash your hands before getting them to take home.
See theres the problem everyone at sork ten of us go through the feeders selecting them fod customers so that could mean their all infected........ and trying to get them to xisinfect would be impossible. Btw i am very gulible when it comes to my snakes

Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadandmilk View Post
See theres the problem everyone at sork ten of us go through the feeders selecting them fod customers so that could mean their all infected........ and trying to get them to xisinfect would be impossible. Btw i am very gulible when it comes to my snakes
I did some checking and could not really find any info on if freezing kills crypto. There was an old and I mean old thread on here that says no.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
cornbreadandmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
I did some checking and could not really find any info on if freezing kills crypto. There was an old and I mean old thread on here that says no.
well the first article you sent me said that at 113f they would die so surely the way i thaw would kill them.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #29
Soulwind
See, the problem I have with this is that now this store is knowingly selling infected (or at least potentially infected) animals. Almost certainly without informing the customers of the risk. Not only are they (effectively) commiting fraud against thier customers, they are also perpetuating the whole crypto problem at large.

[NOTE: not that I'm trying to point blame or anything at you cornbread ... as an employee, I realize there's not much you can do about it without getting fired]

I really wish it was possible to send in some kind of "tip" to animal control authorities, and that they would actually DO something about it even if you did. But as we all know, there aren't many authority figures out there who give 2cents about reptiles (other than banning them apparently).

Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
cornbreadandmilk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
See, the problem I have with this is that now this store is knowingly selling infected (or at least potentially infected) animals. Almost certainly without informing the customers of the risk. Not only are they (effectively) commiting fraud against thier customers, they are also perpetuating the whole crypto problem at large.

[NOTE: not that I'm trying to point blame or anything at you cornbread ... as an employee, I realize there's not much you can do about it without getting fired]

I really wish it was possible to send in some kind of "tip" to animal control authorities, and that they would actually DO something about it even if you did. But as we all know, there aren't many authority figures out there who give 2cents about reptiles (other than banning them apparently).
i agree with you and id love for them to get their act together.but at this point only a handful of people know and i am under the micro scope at the moment for having disagreements ... i am going in today so hopefully we can get some containment done......

there is also another issue

if anyone were to say that the store had crypto to a customer. then it was found that the store did not have it. then by telling a customer i would be committing slander against the store.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google