• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

When to call it quits?

I had him first and he wasn't interested at all Nanci. Doubt he's changed. I'm thinking it's been 2 months or so since I sent him to firfly. He was very young when I got him so I still have hope for him.

Great, news guys thanks for all your help and support, today the little guy finally ate on his own, with the help of a baby geckos tails, lol. I am so excited, yes finally after months of force feeding and up and ate. WHOOOOOOOO!

Thanks, everyone yeah this went on for quite some time and I am so glad, I didnt give up, words really cant describe how happy I am about this little one finally eating.

I scented the pink, then borrowed his tail to place it in the pinks mouth. Five minutes later the pink was gone. I was so excited, I spent like 30 seconds looking for the pink, instead of realizing the little guy had lump in his mid- section.

Wow- do you still have the gecko? Are they easy for you to get? I've never gotten to try them; they live here, but just in a few places.

They run all over the place at night around here, they are easy to catch on the shop walls outside. I would be lying though if I acted like I expected to work, as everything we had tried failed. I let this little guy go after snatching his tail. I figure on catching a couple more when it gets closer to feeding time, as I dont want the little guys to die, and all I really need is their tail, which grows back.

I think I'd try scented only next time, and if that doesn't work, then use the tail. But you can put one (or more) geckos in a deli cup and let them run all over a pink for an hour or two, and then feed the pink to the snake.

He might just eat it like that! He could even just take off eating now even! I'd do the scenting too just to be safe and see how quick he eats. It's beyond frustrating trying to make them eat, it's stressful. When my non-feeder ate for me, the next feed she ate fine as well. Left her overnight in the deli cup. I don't think she has ever missed a meal.

So glad he ate for you! Congrats!
Geckos are more of a natural food item that hatchlings are going to eat, than pinky mice.
I have one breeder friend who kept a Cayenne Fire alive by feeding her anoles for the first year of her life. She refused to eat anything else. She's now full grown, & eating f/t mice with no problems.

Back