CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Hatchling regurgitated his first pinkie

Old 07-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
Izzy12
Hatchling regurgitated his first pinkie

Hopefully someone can let me know if I'm feeding correctly. I got Omega on June 8th. He was about 4 weeks old when I got him. I purchased 50 frozen pinkies form the online store that I purchased him from. I had questions about feeding and was concerned about him eating so they sent me 15 "bloods" and 35 pinkies. The "bloods are a little smaller that the pinkies. He has been eating great. His first feeding was June 13th. I feed him every 5 days. I fed him on June 28th and I thought maybe he was "blue" because his skin was real hazy. I tried feeding him and he snatched it right up. I kept looking for a shed and didn't see any. His skin cleared up so I fed him again on July 3rd. He snatched that right up. I just got home tonight and found that he regurgitated the "blood" pinkie. What should I do? Normally I would be feeding him on July 8th and I was also going to clean his cage. Should I wait on both feeding and cleaning his cage for 10 day like I read somewhere?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Eric

Old 07-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #2
cornsnakeforsale_com
How are the temps?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
bitsy
I'd wait 10 days - that's to let his gut flora build up again so that his digestive system is has recovered. If you feed again too soon, sometimes their systems can't cope and they regurge again. Then you're into a cycle which can be hard to break.

As the regurge is probably associated with a shed, with any luck you'll have no problems next time. However a quick check of your hottest temp on the floor would give you a comfort factor.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
Nanci
Hopefully it was shed-related and he will shed any day. I would wait ten days before feeding. If you can get Nutribac (one place is kathy Love's website, cornucopia.com) you will put that on all his meals from now on, for a few months. Then, after ten days, give him just the head off one of your biggest pinks. They just pop right off when frozen. Then if that is okay, give him another head, then a head and shoulders, then a half red, then the other half red, then the rear half of the head and shoulderless red, then a whole red cut in half. I would also avoid feeding him in blue, forever.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
Lyion
Snakes "clear up" just before the shed. In the blue for several days and clear for a few, then shed.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
MotleyCrue
You can spot clean his cage anytime and should. I would wait on a full change of the substrate until he's back on track with feeding.
;eatsmiley

Old 07-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Pugsley
At the end of the first posting in this FAQ Kathy Love talks about feeding after a regurg.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google