CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Mama's Boy X Snow test results.....

Old 05-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
carol
Mama's Boy X Snow test results.....

As some of you may know I bred Mama's Boy (male proven het for *mystery anery*) to a Snow female to test him out for Anery A. Results of this clutch are...
Out of the egg...
4 Amels
2 Normals

In the egg...
4 Amels
3 Normals
1 unpipped

Not an Anery A in sight. So it really looks my crew of Anerys are "Anery C". I will still test for Charcoal next year, but I doubt they are Charcoal since this is what an animal homo for this anery and amel looks like....
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/att...id=17038&stc=1
There is a possibility that this little "snow" is homo for Hypo as well. I guess there is a slim chance that Hypo has this strange effect on Blizzards. I doubt it, but I won't be sure until I test breed. Anyone out there ever had experiences with Hypo Blizzards???

Old 05-23-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
carol
And for the heck of it here are some shots of this years "anerys"

Old 05-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Hurley
Interesting results, Carol, thanks for sharing! So those "more normal" looking "anerys" aren't anery A. That's awesome! Keep those pictures coming! (And congrats, great kids!)

Old 05-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
mbdorfer
Can't offer anything on the test breeding results, but those anerys are awsome! I love the head pattern on the one in the second and 3rd pics

Old 05-23-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
carol
Thanks! This years second clutch to produce these Aneries finally all finished their post hatch shed. I offered them f/t and they all ate! It looks like the line may be more sensitive to high temps (probably because of the Upper Keys), but boy are they eaters! I haven't had a single one from these lines refuse f/t pinks this year! Knock on wood of course.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Simon
Thanks for sharing the results!!
Awesome clutch
Hopefully the "Anery C" would be proven to be different than the other two anerys (at least that is what we're looking at right now)

Best of luck!
And also congrats for them eating f/t pinkies already! This is just great!!!

Old 05-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
Guenhwyvar
Wow carol, this looks like VERY interesting project and I'm sure its proving out to be a fun one. Thanks for sharing your results with us. Those snake just look amazing. I love the saddle count on them...so MANY SADDLES!

Old 05-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
carol
Thanks all! And just for the record... that one egg finally pipped and it was an amel! No Anery A's in a clutch of 14, that's good enough for me!

Old 05-24-2005, 10:35 PM   #9
El Jefe
Wow....

Now you need to see if they are compatible with Anery B AND with Rich's new Anery C that he thinks he has!

Way too cool

By the way, you selling any of those pos het offspring or any of the "anerys"

-Jeff
jeff@mohrsnakes.com

Old 05-24-2005, 10:59 PM   #10
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes
Now you need to see if they are compatible with Anery B AND with Rich's new Anery C that he thinks he has!
Thanks!
I highly suspect they are the same as Rich's Anery C. The grandmother to these little guys not only came from Rich, but came from the same lines that produced Anery C's for him. Their parents are siblings. Also, my yearling "anery" from this line is developing red at the base of the saddle scales, behaving much like the ones Rich has.

I will be selling some of the possible hets. Right now a lot of them are spoken for and at this time I only have spare males that are 66% chance het. I do have one more clutch to hatch though. No one is really in line for this particular clutch of 14, they are only 50% chance het for this other Anery, and definate het for Anery A.... so they may be frustrating to work with to say the least. I've considered selling them as possible hets, I've considered wholesaling them off with no info on their background given, and I've even considered the Kingsnakes. I just hate to do the later because they are such healthy, robust hatchlings. This snow mother just makes the best babies. She double clutches every year and never looses any noticable weight. Throws 14-16 per clutch and all of her babies end up friendly and great eaters. Her clutches have also survived heat spikes that really damaged other clutches. I feel their hardy genetics do have a lot to contribute to the corn world, but I don't want to be creating any more "space garbage" as Joe puts it.
What's a girl to do?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google