CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > CS.com Guide to Corn Snake Cultivars & Cultigens
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

CS.com Guide to Corn Snake Cultivars & Cultigens A collective field guide to the cultivars and cultigens (morphs) of corn snakes.

Amelanistic

Old 12-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
qjwcorns
Talking

Post #3

I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!!
I want it sooooo badly!!!!
Its the nicest one I've ever seen!!!

How was that one breed morphs selective? Need to know I wana make me own.
Thanks.
Hahahaha lol.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:20 PM   #12
Haight
Bump a dead thread I guess. I am honestly surprised that this thread isn't 100 pages long.

My month old Amel, Slinky.

Yes, before you ask, I am aware that he looks stuffed. I was unaware, being a new owner, that he should not have had two pinkies at his age. Luckily he digested both just fine and is ready to feed again tomorrow. Yes, one pinkie only.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:39 AM   #13
IrishInIsengard
Amel. apprx 10 month old. 64 grams

Old 08-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #14
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBear123 View Post
Adult Amel with Minimal White

Dorsal:

Eye:
BlackBear, I'd call yours a Sunglow, with the red wash.

Here's my Sunglow Tessera. He is a Red Factor Amel Tessera. I do not know if/how many other Sunglows are Red Factor (dominant gene) or Red Coat (recessive gene).

Old 05-08-2018, 12:18 AM   #15
Rich Z
From my retired SerpenCo.com website.

Quote:
Amelanistic Corn Snake

Realistically, this is the snake that started it all, as far as cultivars in corn snakes are concerned. From one wild caught animal collected in North Carolina back in the early '50s, and subsequent breeding efforts by Dr. Bernard Bechtel, the albino corn snake became THE reason many people started working with and breeding corn snakes. To the best of my knowledge, this was the first albino reptile that became available commercially and quite probably was the spark that started people thinking about actually breeding reptiles rather than as disposable commodities easily replaceable from wild caught stock.

As in all of the cultivars of corn snakes, this one is extremely variable in appearance. Some of the extremes have taken on generic names of their own in order to classify a particular color variation. Although the generic variations are not genetically predictable traits, a person can reliably expect to get a high percentage of offspring resembling the parents that were themselves usually the product of selective breeding. Often, more mundane looking individuals will result in the offspring, but every once in a while, something completely different and unexpected may arise that will go off on a tangent of it's own with a new generic name applied to it. Such is the excitement of breeding these animals when the genetic potentials unfold before your very eyes.

Individuals will vary from almost uniform red orange with indistinct blotching to an orangish white background with red blotches. Varying shades of yellows in the background and blotches can modify the colors quite a bit, making predicting what any particular individual will turn out looking like nearly impossible to do. One trait that is ALWAYS present, of course, is the red eyes of all amelanistic corn snakes. The amelanistic corns we offer can be from any of the stock we work with and may show traits that favor the stock they originated from. This will include Candy Canes that didn't quite make the grade, or Fluorescent Oranges that equally were a bit below par. The Amelanistics that originate from Butter stock will certainly look different, as will those that come from Blood Red lines or Lavender ancestry. Of course, there is always that chance that they will also be carrying some of the more exotic genes as well. But that is for YOU to discover.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
amelanistic corn snake