CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Injured ring neck snake

Old 09-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
KyGirl
Injured ring neck snake

My cat caught a ring neck and injured it. The wounds seem to be limited to peeled scales and scratch marks. We have a tone of these that nest under the house. I am wondering if I should keep it until it heals or release it injured. It is in the low 50's right now and the snake was lethargic. It has warmed up and buried itself in the aspen bedding I put in a jar. I put a small cup of water in with it. I believe this is the second time I have caught this snake. I moved it to my garden the first time and this snake was beside the raised garden bed when the cat found it. Should I just put it back there.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
KyGirl
I forgot to mention I practice organic gardening and there are tons of worms and things in the garden

Old 09-15-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Nanci
I'd put it back in the garden in the afternoon, when it's warmer out. I have those around my foundation, and have to be so careful when digging.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
CornySnakes
If you haven't already I would recommend (if you have the time/resources) caring for it like a pet snake until it gets less lethargic and more healthy.

Sent from the TARDIS using a sonic screwdriver

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google