CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Any fellow herpers?

Old 07-25-2016, 06:32 PM   #31
sdavis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
sdavis... same goes for you FL folks...Nanci, Raven, etc.

I strongly suggest reaching out here:
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/...7daefc52984256

That's the Forum for the North American Field Herpers Association (N.A.F.H.A) - Southeast Chapter. It covers NC, as well as other SE states. Each NAFHA Chapter does at least some sort of annual herping trip, in junction with the annual national NAFHA trip.

Reach out to Josh Holbrook, he might still be the Chapter President. Noah M would be another to reach out to. Unfortunately, both are in FL. I'm spacing on who I know from NC that does herping up there.

If you can get a hold of him, Daryl Camby, goes by Camby on here but he's not very active, is out of my childhood stomping grounds of the Myrtle Beach/North Myrtle Beach/Horry County area of SC...last I knew. I've known Camby, only via the web, for going on probably 18-20 years now, though I haven't chatted with him since 2014 or 2015. I know Daryl to also be into herping.

All the lecturing aside....

Just get out into the field and have some fun, but be smart and safe about it.
I actually have a second home in north myrtle if you think he'd ever be willing to link up and do some herping. I'm down there usually at least a weekend out of the month.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:14 AM   #32
Nanci
You could probably find him at whatever local Repticon there is. With Jim Godfrey.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #33
Raven
Thank you for that information! I'd love to start going on treks again.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:04 PM   #34
rdoyle225
My frist ever was a huge speckled king snake. Im only 5 foot 2 he was longer then I was. I came home from school one day to find my large male cat staring at the AC vent. I looked in there all I could see was a bunch of white spots. I knew what it was. So I careful unscrew the vent and stated to left him out. He was about 3 inc in diameter and most likely over six feet long. He was so claim he just let me hold him for a while. Everyone in the neighborhood started to call me Dr Doolittle. My mom still calls me that. Not just for the snake, but I also befriended a number of feral cats a squirrel and number of others. Just yesterday I was at petsmart. Mine is a really good one. Most of the employees knows how to take of the animals. I asked the guy if I could see the corns that they had there. He said yes but just warning they are quite bitty. I said ok. I picked them one up at a time not one of them try to strike or hisss or musk. He asked if I need a job. But I have had a zoo peolpe ask if I need a job also.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Old 06-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #35
Cflaguy
A few catches

Coach whip at 7`9," two Yellow Rats at 7`2," an Indigo at 7`7." Two Eastern Diamonbacks having, nature, at 5`10," and 5`8."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google