CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

How long can my Corns go without eating?

Old 05-12-2006, 08:33 AM   #11
DannyB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobW
Wonderful! Both Corns eating perfectly regularly now! Thanks to the above posters for giving me the confidence to leave things alone, and let my snakes get on with it in their own time.

Jim

Its better to be concerned though then not care so better to ask than not. I was the same with our snake - I was like eat, eat eat and panicking. As someone else has said though - hardy buggers these corns...

Old 05-12-2006, 10:29 AM   #12
gnarhimself
I had (She's at the breeder right now) a Snow Motley who didnt eat for about 7 weeks,when i took her back to the breeder (to get her to eat) he checked her out and said she still looked great for having not eat for so long

He called me again today,and told me that she ate once agin today,thats 3 weeks in a row with no trouble at all

I personally think that 7 weeks is a bit much (not to mention the stress i had to deal with.. )
But i wouldnt start to worry too much if its less than 5-6 weeks (if im wrong...please tell me..)

Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #13
Tracee
gnarhimself - It does depend on the size of the snake, but for a full grown adult, 7 weeks is certainly nothing to worry about.

I'd have to count the weeks on his chart to find the exact figure, but it was 3 months or more that mine fasted last year, and he didn't even lose weight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google