CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Hybrids

Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #11
Carinata
Dude thats really cool that you are working with that project. Are you gonna be at teh show in Manassas tomarrow

Old 10-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
lizard of ozz
The show was very... slow. Not nearly as many people as usual. Oh well, was still fun. I sold a few of my ball pythons that I don't want any more :P

Anyways, back to the hybrid talk! My absolute favorite hybrid is the Amazon x Emerald tree boa. Do a google search for Hybrid Tree Boa and you will find a web site with some pictures of a few.... insane looking snakes!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
Carinata
It was awesome to see you at the show Mike! I only had $20 bucks after I got my mice. Mabye next time! You had some damn fine bloodred stripes at the show!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #14
EddieA
Cornsnake x black ratsnake (aka Beast). Amel version...

Old 10-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
ForkedTung
Thayeri x corn= has been done, don't know the name? I think Susan has one. oops missed Pasodama's post.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
Lynnea
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvadorian View Post
I know that corn snakes will cross breed with many other rat snakes, but I have had a lot of trouble finding any information on the results except for that many do not like creating Jungles because of the risk of cannibalism and the possibility of aggresive babies.
So what are some common crosses? Photos would be cool!
I'd love to hear from anyone who has hybrids or breeds them. I find king snakes especially beautiful, but I've had no luck finding any good examples of any king/corn hybrids.
So yeah: opinions, stories, photos, other questions.... I wanna learn
I purchased a pair of females about a month ago--I think their colors are cool! They are 75% corn/25% king.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
salvadorian
Are the corn / king hybrids aggressive?

Old 11-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #18
Lynnea
These two are very small still--and kind of hyper! But not really aggressive per se. They may calm down with time.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #19
dave partington
I just received these pics from Bill over at SnakeMuseum.com; these are some corn hybrids for this year. Enjoy. dp

Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #20
wstphal
Interesting. So these hybrids are generally healthy & fertile? That would suggest that although they live in different areas & are considered different species, they are genetically still closer to 1 species. Dogs, wolves & coyotes are the same situation -- they usually live separately, they have very different behaviors, but they are all interfertile & the hybrids are in turn fertile & healthy.

Some of these are really amzing looking too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google