• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What water can they drink?

zoe.d

Hello, I'm wondering if I need to treat the water I give to my snake with repti safe or if bottles or even tap water is ok?
Thankyou

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

they drink creek water and mud puddles in the wild. I'm sure anything you offer them will be better than this. My snake drinks the same water I do.

At first we lived on a farm where the well water was not safe to drink (way too many minerals, sometimes it ran red with them). Now we live where they treat the water with chemicals that you can actually smell when the water runs, so also not safe to drink. Both we and the animals drink filtered tap water or bottled water.

At first we lived on a farm where the well water was not safe to drink (way too many minerals, sometimes it ran red with them). Now we live where they treat the water with chemicals that you can actually smell when the water runs, so also not safe to drink. Both we and the animals drink filtered tap water or bottled water.

^^^^
What she said, filtered water for both men and beasts :D

I used to just give my snakes tap. Chlorine evaporates quickly but chloramine does not. I don’t know which chemical my local municipality uses, so I buy a 99 cent gallon of spring water every 2 months for my small collection of 3. 50 cents a month is pretty cheap insurance.

Back