• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First snake- trying to ID it's morph

JKent2244

Hi all,

I recently bought my first corn snake and am new to the hobby. The person I bought it from was unable to tell me the sex of it, although I'm thinking male due to the elongated tale from the cloaca but it's hard to tell as it's only 6 months old. I think I'll eventually have a vet probe it get a definitive answer.

I was also wondering if anyone could help me ID the morph of the snake? As I've just got into the hobby, I'm trying to wrap my head around the variety of genetics/morphs.

The container it is in was just for transport and it has now happily settled into its vivarium (made sure to do my research and get it set up properly with a hide at heated/cool end, water bowel on the cool side and some sterile logs to climb over. I've also got a ceramic bulb heating the basking side on a day/night timer, set to the appropriate heat, with heat and light on for 12 hours a day. In the next day or so, I'll be taking delivery of some fake plants to add).
eff41da8c95ab76d8240379065cdfa80.jpg
df9280afb65dc4f34e5cb9e9d65aad9b.jpg
65800bf472045fec8935b45238b2a968.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Could you take some pictures in natural light? The first picture looks to be amel, but the color looks much different in the next photos. He may also be 'in blue' (the beginning stages of the shed process), but it might just look like that because the pictures are through the container.

Corn snake genetics are really fun. Most of the genes are recessive. You can look at most of the morphs and what genes are in them on iansvivarium.com.

Could you take some pictures in natural light? The first picture looks to be amel, but the color looks much different in the next photos. He may also be 'in blue' (the beginning stages of the shed process), but it might just look like that because the pictures are through the container.

Corn snake genetics are really fun. Most of the genes are recessive. You can look at most of the morphs and what genes are in them on iansvivarium.com.
Thanks, Hypoctopus- I'll make sure to get some photos in natural light tomorrow (or rather later today looking at the time). I haven't noticed any greying of the eyes but I'll double check later.

Thanks again for the help! [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Unless the abdomen is patternless, I think you should call it an Amelanistic Corn Snake and just call it a day.

Back