• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New snake owner in Brampton Ontario

Her bellyw as pretty buldged in my opinion but my opinion might be way off then what is normal lol
This is my first snake :p

I talked to an other guy at a diffrent store and he said that i shoiuld be feeding her fuzzies as per her age. I am gonna try it but have pinkies on hand in case she cannot handle it.

The store i bought her from said they got her in november and she wil like string tiny.
so i am not really sure exactly how old she is.

im also not sure how old mine is. i got her may 27 and they got her march 3 but not sure how old she was wen they got her figuring her size tho im thinkin she was born in december or january.
Did they give u a feeding chart wen u got her

They said they didn't have one but they fed her 2-3 pinkies twice a week

It was a petsmart so tehy really didn't take good notes and stuff.
They are not very organised there to tell the truth.

Hey here is a question.
Is there a standard feeding chart template that people use to keep track??

that would be so cool if there was.

I hear that alot bout petsmart but i went to petsmart to get mojo and am there all the time and havent had any problems.
I got a feeding sheet that had eacht time she ate and how many and the exact date that they got her.

As for the feeding template I used te page they gave me. she wud eat every 5 days but wen i moved up to fuzzies i changed it to every 7 days and i just u use a calender speciall for her that i put above her cageto keep track of feeding

I have a friend that works at a diffrent petsmart and one of the other guys is a snake guru and he has been helping me out.

I will use a small calender to track it.

ya i am lucky i have a few friends that own them so i got lots of places to go for tips :)

But mine is teh prettyest :p

Any others on here in the toronto area??

I would like to find a place to get the food in bulk rather then going to petsmart. looking for a cheaper alternative

Thanks

You should check out the reptile expos that they have in the GTA every so often, the next one is July 24 at the Mastercard center. They usually have one or two rodent breeders and they sell them cheaper than you can get at the store. I usually buy enough to get me until the next expo, and for cheap!

Check out http://www.reptileexpo.ca/ for more info on that!

well she was hidding away again this morning when i got up.
Cleaned out her cage a bit and still did not see any poo.
How long after feeding do tehy usually feficate? She was fed wednesday.

I lisfte up her rock and she slithered around a bit and I picked her up for a few mins. she still seemed a bit nervouse but after i put her down she started to explore her VIV a bnit and layed down under teh leaves under tha lamp.

Hope she is not gonna be skidish all the time :(

Well, you did feed her a pretty big meal, and it could be that she feels too insecure after being held immobile to digest - since in order for them to properly digest, they have to have belly heat to help.

For feeding, I would go with what everyone else has been suggesting - a fuzzy a week. Again, you'd be surprised at what they can handle!

Also, I know of the perfect place for you to get mice:
http://www.coasttocoastmice.ca/ont/
I've been ordering from them ever since I first got my snow corn (possible bubblegum, like yours! :p) a year ago. Though I don't order from the Ontario farm (because I'm in BC), I wish I did! The mice in Ontario are sooooooo much cheaper than in BC. :p

Also, what you might want to follow (and what is recommended by some owners who find it successful) is the Munson plan. The plan basically dictates that the size of mouse you should feed depends on the size (in grams) of your snake. This is generally accepted by the Munson plan:

-When they're on single pinks (2-3g), feed every 4-5 days. (Snake = 4-15g)
-Double pinks (3g x 2) every 4-5 days. (Snake = 16-23g)
-Small fuzzies (5-7g) every 5-6 days. (Snake = 24-30g)
-Regular fuzzies (7-9g) every 5-6 days (Snake = 30-50g)
-Hoppers (9-12g) every 5-6 days (Snake = 51-90g)
-Weaned (14-20g) every 7 days (Snake = 91-170g)
-Adult (24-30g) every 7-x days (Snake = 170+)
-Jumbo Adults (40-50g) every 7-x days (Snake = 400g+)

Aaaaaand, the last two lines depend on gender (that's why there's '7-x), so if you have a female, they recommend (remember, only if the snake is an adult) that you feed every six to eight days, and males every seven to fourteen days.

And if you don't know how you're going to weigh your snake, you can just go to Walmart and grab a food scale that can weigh in grams - they usually sit around fifteen bucks. Oh, and don't worry so much about weighing the mice themselves, just remember to ask for the right size, you know... 'pinkies', or 'fuzzies'.

Hope I'm not bombarding you, it just looked like I was needed. :p
And remember, what others do might not work for you, but you should try it first and see for yourself, then decide.

WOW!!! This is an awesome post :)

Dude bombard me with any info yopu think is relavant :)
I will absorb it like a sponge lol :p

I checked out the website! man those prices are much better the 5$ for 4 pinkies at Petsmart lol

I have a food scale (I'm a bodybuilder so i measure everything :p) so I will weigh her. I measured her this mornign and she is 16" long.

Cool, cool. :)

Yes, it certainly is! The place I got my snow sells their mice for about two dollars each! It's outrageous, so I just went and found Coast to Coast. Much better deal, even for adults!

Aw, that's awesome! Trainers say that my family has the gene that is almost perfect for body building, but I'm more of a nerdy game player, myself. :) Makes my metabolism higher though, which is nice. :p

Wow! Nice work.

I'm nowhere near that, obviously. :p

Anyways, congrats on what you've got! But we should get back on topic:
If you ever have an issue with the snow, PM me and if I know what's up, I'll see what I can tell you. :) I don't know much, and I certainly don't know everything, but helping is what I try to do. :)

Good work!

Here's the link to another company, The lady there is Shannon and she is very nice and there prices are reasonable, they do free delivery run every Saturday for the most part (as long as you can meet somewhere close to the highway/timmies) I believe it's an extra $10 for a 'to your door' delivery.

Walkers Rodents

It might seem like the price is a little higher, but they've had to raise them slightly due to gas and other prices. I think the free delivery is better then paying lower prices and a delivery charge. And they also have ASF rats (African soft furs) which I feed.
And even though the site says that orders need to be in 3 days prior to delivery, she's pretty good if you have an order that's 2 days or sometimes one day before, depending on e-mail response back (which she can be pretty fast doing)

Awesome Thanks Hazanga I'll check it out.

Well got home from work today and the AC was BLASTING!! I hate my landlord!! I am in a basement apt. cold as hell. luckily I had the lamp on. temp was at about 65. covered every vent in the apt(basement). I have a heating bap for sore muscles so I put that under teh tank and cranked it. Now the temp is at 83 or so and humid is at 30%. good??
Kori is out and about so that's good thing. The pad doesn't get to hot cause it's meant to be on teh skin so I think it will work good. probably sucks energy like crazy. anyone know where to get a good heating pad?

now my next question... since Kori was a piggy and ate 4 pinkies last wed show I try feeding her tomorrow or wait a few more days? Still no poo in the VIV.

Back