CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

First successful shed and feeding, first-time snake people!

Old 03-08-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
Ashirah
First successful shed and feeding, first-time snake people!

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the help and tips I've already gotten, both directly and through reading posts. We got our 4-year-old girl, Ember, a few weeks ago and are very happy with her and with everything she is bringing to our lives. Technically she is my 8-year-old daughter's, per her request for a pet, but mom here is loving handling Ember, too!
I've been holding back on actually believing the snake would be okay until I saw everything working right with her, and I'm so happy to say that a day ago she shed completely with no problems, and then tonight she ate with no problems. (I am at work and didn't get to see it- my daughter knew the snake was due to feed so she tried it on her own. "Mom, her jaws got SO HUMONGOUS! It was amazing!") Also, I just got two 10 gallon aquariums taken apart and combined into one 20 gallon one, so now I've got a big enough house for her, and I figured out how to heat and regulate temp's with a 12v DC system without totally draining our solar power.
We have tried for so many years to find an indoor pet that would not trigger my son's severe asthma, and I've had my heart broken so many times. I never ever thought of a snake; I admit at first the idea pushed my comfort zone (I'm not squeamish, just not used to snakes!) but now I am just thrilled to be on a new adventure learning about a new kind of animal.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
Patmart
Congrats on your new pet enjoy her
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
MysticExotics
Congrats on your new snake! Be careful, they're addicting.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #4
Ashirah
Thanks!

Old 03-11-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
Patmart
I started with 1 now got 2 if my husband would let me I would fill our lounge with viv’s
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google