CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Where does all that poo come from??

Old 05-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
atmox
Question Where does all that poo come from??

Hi
My cornsnake has been pooping a lot this week, what isn't really normal for it. Normally it poops once every week, maximum twice. Now she pooped on Saturday, Sunday and today. Could there be something wrong?
Also i don't know it means anything but it has been digging a lot last week, i constantly have to put the probes back on the UTH.

Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
atmox
Ooh, forgot to say, the only 2 things that are changed since his last meal is that i bought a crestie but that one is in isolation for a few months till i'm sure it's disease free and his last meal the tail of the mouse broke of making it bloody after feeding.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Jessicat
Snakes mark their territory by pooping. Perhaps your snake has sensed the Crestie's presence and wants to make sure his cage is clearly his territory. That's as insightful as I can get right now.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
atmox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
Snakes mark their territory by pooping. Perhaps your snake has sensed the Crestie's presence and wants to make sure his cage is clearly his territory. That's as insightful as I can get right now.
Hmm, could be that i carried the crestie's scent with me, the quarantine terrarium stands in the living room so i pass it often enough.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
WingedSweetheart
It may be the smell. I have my kingsnake in the same room as my corn snakes and when I first brought him in after quarantine he would poop a lot around the edges of his tank mostly.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
atmox
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
It may be the smell. I have my kingsnake in the same room as my corn snakes and when I first brought him in after quarantine he would poop a lot around the edges of his tank mostly.
Yeah he's pooping around the edges too, but he always did this so that not really a change. Found no poop today so i think his "poop tank" is empty.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google