CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

thinking about releasing albino corn.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
Shiari
I second Beth. Snakes are not like dogs or cats. They don't *need* social interaction. All they *need* is clean water, food once a week, and a clean cage.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
Ares2010
Good decision not to release her. It would be a death sentence for sure. If I lived near you, I would be happy to take her from you. However, like others have said, they aren't like dogs and cats and need affection. They just want to survive lol. So think about keeping her, if not, good luck in your quest to find a new owner for her.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
First, that is absolutely illegal.
Second, it is horrible unethical/immoral to do so. Albinos tend to do poorly in the wild, and you live in arid environment quite unlike corn snake natural habitat.
If you release it, it will likely die.
Plus, it would be another "black eye" on the reptile community. Something that is, surely, not needed.

Thank heavens that you have decided to not release it!

Ditto on what others have said about snakes not requiring attention and only needing the basics for survival.

If you cannot give it even the basics, I do pray that you are able to find it a good home. If not, as Shiari suggested, euthanasia may be your best bet as it is more humane than having it suffer, until death, in "the wild" &/or without its requirements for survival.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #14
jessicalb
If you can get it to the Phoenix area I'll take it. Also, Phoenix has a reptile rescue that would probably take it. Maybe you have a rescue local to you, too.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
Firefur
how much are you asking for it? and how much would shipping it to 95521 cost? if i can afford it i'll take it off your hands. don't release it albinos do not survive well in the wild.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 AM   #16
Shelby Craig
id like to have it

Old 06-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #17
desertanimal
According to this there's a guy located in ABQ that serves as a rescue. There are also a few herp societies that might be able to take it, and a couple of people in Las Cruces. Maybe they could pick it up sometime if they were in town for another reason. I would contact these people for a start. If they can't help you directly, they might know someone who can. You might also try contacting the biology department of the UNM and see if anyone might want a pet snake or know of someone who does. If you explain your situation, someone might be able to put the word out that a person needs to re-home a snake.

Good luck and congrats on the new baby!

http://www.anapsid.org/societies/newmex.html

Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
3CardKnight
esalas,

I sent you a PM last night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google