CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

2 year old first refusal

Old 06-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Tinkerbeller87
2 year old first refusal

So my snow corn just turned 2 and has refused her first meal last night. She has also been out of her hides a whole lot more than usual and moving everything around in her viv in the middle of the night. This all just started last week after she digested her last meal. When I put her back in her viv last night when she wouldn't eat she went straight to the water bowl and drank. She just shed last weekend and seems fairly normal otherwise pooping and all. The breeder I got her from about 2 years ago said she was a female but due to this behavior do you think she is actually a he? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Nanci
I had one young female last year, a two year old, go through ovulation and getting egg bumps and refusing and then never laying (slugs). This year there are at least three or four of them doing it!! You could put an egg box in with her and see what she does with it. If you let her crawl over your fingers on the floor and gently squeeze her you might be able to feel if she has egg bumps. She might not eat till the next shed.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
Tinkerbeller87
Ok I am feeling her now and don't feel anything. I'll go ahead and put a lay box in with her though to be sure. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
WingedSweetheart
My snake will be two next month and she did this around the start of spring. I think she thought she was gonna lay eggs or something. She ate like a pig for a while (though I didn't give her more than normal). Then all of a sudden she up and refused food for 2 weeks! Then she goes back to normal. Really freaked me out. I didn't give mine a lay box. She didn't have anything in her. But if you think your's has eggs you can give her a lay box. It's really up to you.

My male on the other hand is still being weird about food. Sometimes he eats and sometimes he wont. For 2 months he refused to eat his normal prey size. I finally got him to eat a hopper last night (what he normally eats). So hopefully that means the hunger strike is over. But who knows?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Tinkerbeller87
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
My snake will be two next month and she did this around the start of spring. I think she thought she was gonna lay eggs or something. She ate like a pig for a while (though I didn't give her more than normal). Then all of a sudden she up and refused food for 2 weeks! Then she goes back to normal. Really freaked me out. I didn't give mine a lay box. She didn't have anything in her. But if you think your's has eggs you can give her a lay box. It's really up to you.

My male on the other hand is still being weird about food. Sometimes he eats and sometimes he wont. For 2 months he refused to eat his normal prey size. I finally got him to eat a hopper last night (what he normally eats). So hopefully that means the hunger strike is over. But who knows?
Thanks for your input. It is greatly appreciated. Makes me feel better. I think I will keep an eye, and hand lol, out for lumps and give her a lay box if I see or feel any.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google