CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Difference between siblings...

Old 06-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
ARiley144
Difference between siblings...

So I had 2 corns and one recently died they were/are about 3-6mo old (bought from petco) and I got them in Apr. The one that died was super gentle and very cuddly/lovey not skittish or anything (with me and only me) and the other Kaa is super skittish and kinda freaks me out with how fast he moves...actually worried that he's gonna strike, cause he doesn't jump away from me he kinda jumps at me. And he's technically my 4yr olds pet and I don't want to let my son hold him till he calms down...which i hope is SOON. It just suprises me how just how different siblings the same age can be (yes I know that sounds silly but i've never had snakes before and figured they were all the same). Never said I was smart :-P

Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Onarian
One of the things that I am enjoying the most about having pets is getting to know each and every one of their individual personalities. Kaa will probably calm down a bit as he ages and if you handle him regularly he'll learn that you aren't trying to catch him and eat him. Remember if he does strike at you corn snakes essentially incapable of hurting a human. Best of luck!

Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
ARiley144
Thank you! I still don't wanna get bit, I'm a big sissy and I certainly don't want him to strike at my son....I don't want him to become afraid of his critter.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
BigByrd47119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARiley144 View Post
Thank you! I still don't wanna get bit, I'm a big sissy and I certainly don't want him to strike at my son....I don't want him to become afraid of his critter.
I can understand your apprehension, but don't let it get the best of you. Being afraid of your snake biting you wont get either of you very far.

I have been bit one time, and it wasn't even my snake! It was a baby ball at Petsmart. I am told that BP bites hurt more, but as I have said I have never gotten it from one of my corns. The only thing I could compare it to is being hit with those diabetes tester things. It was literally 4 little tiny pin pricks of blood that I didn't know were there until the guy from the store asked if I wanted a paper towel. Ever since then, I don't worry about it in the slightest. If one of my corns gets me it gets me. Wont be the end of the world.

I guess I just accept it as a part of the hobby.

Besides, how can you (or your son) join the bite club if you don't get....bit?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
ARiley144
Hahaha that's a club I'm not sure I want to be part of! He struck at me 3x yesterday and ready to give up I put him back in his viv. Then I took him out a couple minutes later and put him in his lil box I got him in from Petco I pet his back and talked to him till he quit flinching from my touch. Then I picked him up again and he was totally calm...wrapped himself all the way around my hand and started rubbing on me....maybe I won't have to join the club after all ;-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google