• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

snakes in weird places

cornmaniac

who has had a snake escape and found it in a weird place i had a amel escape and found it poking it's head out of the vacum cleaner hose :p

Can I go off topic and talk about a non-snake??

We lost a very young dragon once:

She just vanished from one minute to the next. We searched and we searched. Over the course of the next hour we became more and more concerned and started looking in increasingly obscure places. Eventually we saw the hole at the back of our computer where my husband had taken out the old video card. Although the opening was about 12 inches above the floor and seemed rather small for her to squeeze through we opened the computer case and there she was...fast asleep

image3.jpg

although she did at least look a bit guilty when we found her

image2.jpg

My best snake escapee story is finding my adult male ghost absolutely HUGE, lying next to the tub of thawing mice that had been placed out that morning for evening feeding. He had eaten about half the mice in there, and seemed to be just lying trying to make more room to finish them off. The tub was on top of a fridge, so I don't know how he got up there. A lot of snakes went hungry that evening!!

Skye

Lost my adult female motley corn in July 2002...found her 8 months later, in early March, lounging in some irises in my flowerbed adjacent to the house.

I had given up all hope. Just goes to show to never give up. =P

Adorable pictures, Skye!

I too lost my dragon for an entire day. After searching the common places first, I started for the obscure places next. Found him sound asleep inside my fish aquarium stand, curled up in an old fishbowl.

It has a 8 inch gap in the back of the wood stand for canister filters and whatnot, apparently he climbed in and made himself comfortable. =P

Back