CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

unusual themes/ideas?

Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #21
niki_g
For the curly-tailed lizards, we did a old circus/freak show theme. I don't have pics yet, but it turned out pretty cool. We built a hide/basking area using styrofoam and grout, to look like a circus tent with red/white stripes and added a "Lizard Boy" photo to it.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
niki_g
Also, not as original, my snow corn has a Zen garden thing going on. Super easy. Can look good if you pick the right objects.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #23
arparaspolo
I personally do not like the "Utility" look. I think it looks ghetto and cheap. I know decor can be expensive but come on. lol. Hey, gotta work with what you've got I guess. I am not putting anyone down. If that is what you like then that is great. I just personally like the natural or themed looks.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
Wyldrose
When my beardy was little he lived in a castle, that was until he started to eat it... lol I need to re grout it thicker so he can't eat it or rebuild it.

I built a background for my Tokay's

I really need to make something for the Leo and snakes!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #25
arparaspolo
What did you make the background out of? They both look great. I like the second one.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #26
Lyion
I plan on doing a Palais Garnier theme when I can find the right snake to be my little Erik <3 Will be a challenge! Also, I've been wanting to do a cave with pirate stuff in it~

Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #27
Wyldrose
The back grounds are made out of styrofoam that I cut/broke and caulked together. After they dry covered it in 3 layers of unsanded grout, the third layer if you need traction you can sprinkle on some fine sand. I hand painted with acrylic paints. Then I sealed them with mini wax polycrylic, which is water proof and non-toxic

Old 03-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
Hethiss
I've been thinking with my tank its a natural tank except for the hammock in the front which i want a plant for to make it a higher hide for my snake. Also maybe a little tunnel some how into a half buried cave or something.

I have too many ideas. I like the Harry potter idea . I have thought something Warcraft like because my snakes name is Hethiss which is the name of a races snake god in Warcraft. xD

Old 04-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #29
ShadowNaquin
Cool captain stagnetti

Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #30
ShadowNaquin
Cool

My snake setup

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google