CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Green contributor link

Old 08-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
RobbiesCornField
Green contributor link

I've noticed a lot of people asking about edit buttons and all of that jazz. I know the info is listed elsewhere on the site about becoming a contributing member, but maybe changing the wording of that top link to reflect something along those lines would be a bit more "in your face", and would possibly get more people to become contributors.

"Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here."

Just a suggestion.

Also, a "Like" button would be awesome. Jussayin'. lol

Old 08-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Pugsley
Good idea Robbie.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Pugsley
I wish there was more of an explanation on how you pay. Is it via Pay Pal? A bill is mailed, what? Since I don't do Pay Pay, I kinda like to know how the paying is done before placing the 'order.'

Old 08-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
I wish there was more of an explanation on how you pay. Is it via Pay Pal? A bill is mailed, what? Since I don't do Pay Pay, I kinda like to know how the paying is done before placing the 'order.'
It is done through PayPal. However, you don't have to have a PayPal account. You can just use a credit card.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
Pugsley
And it isn't green anymore, it is orange. It is still Pay Pal. Ugh. I do my best to avoid them at all costs. They were fine before ebay got a hold of them.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Nanci
I'm sure if you PM Rich you can make other arrangements. Well- nearly sure.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Pugsley
Thanks Nanci - that's what I've done at another site.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
I've noticed a lot of people asking about edit buttons and all of that jazz. I know the info is listed elsewhere on the site about becoming a contributing member, but maybe changing the wording of that top link to reflect something along those lines would be a bit more "in your face", and would possibly get more people to become contributors.

"Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here."

Just a suggestion.

Also, a "Like" button would be awesome. Jussayin'. lol
Done.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
And it isn't green anymore, it is orange. It is still Pay Pal. Ugh. I do my best to avoid them at all costs. They were fine before ebay got a hold of them.
Yeah, I'm not all that keen about them neither, but they are really the only PRACTICAL game in town to use for online money transfers of this nature.

But NOTHING is perfect, no matter what it is. I have had clashes with banks over checks and money orders. Heck, it's not MY fault that a check will bounce, and yet they will ding ME because of it. And I've been slapped around by credit card companies enough that I've had to jump from one to another when they pissed me off enough.

When I had my SerpenCo business, I used to have credit card machines and had it set up so that people could contribute that way through the shopping cart program there. I would also accept money orders or checks mailed to me when indicated as such on that order page. But when I retired, I got rid of the credit card machines and closed those accounts. I could still do the money order or check thing mailed to me for the occasional person who has a strong aversion to PayPal, but quite honestly, I've had so many people tell me that "the check is in the mail" that never showed up, that I really don't take anyone more than half seriously when they tell me that any longer. I dunno, maybe they thought I would set up their Contributor membership BEFORE receiving the check......

But if anyone wants to use that method, just PM me and I'll give you my mailing address.

Quite honestly though, PayPal is going to remain my payment vehicle of choice for the foreseeable future. If I had to do this all manually for everyone, it would wind up being one heck of a headache. Much more so than the occasional headache that PayPal causes me.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Done.
Woohoo! You're awesome. Seriously.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google