CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Contextual links appearing in posts

Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
snakewispera snr
I use Firefox Chip but when I used Chrome one time, I found links in words on certain sites I use...
I reported it but no one else could see them... Seems it was google in that case...
Is that similar ??

Old 12-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #22
Nanci
Oh, I was using Safari at home and Firefox at work.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #23
Chip
FWIW, I have been running Firefox and the links are still there. Also, I have now found them on pages that aren't part of CS.com. So it's not the site here, though it's not going to be as simple as swapping browsers. Will tinker and report back.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
cornsnakeforsale_com
Got a screenshot? Where do these links take you?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #25
Rich Z
I do hope that everyone here is running an anti-virus program and a firewall these days.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #26
Nanci
I know they say Macs can get viruses these days, but it's still a billions times less of a worry than on a PC. And I'm running an AV just in case.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #27
Toddsnake
Screenshots

Here are a few screenshots of what I see on my computer. I am using Internet Explorer and Norton Anti-Virus. The word browsers in Chips post is underlined on my screen and a small pop-up appears when I place my cursor on it.

Todd

The last 2 pics show the words Internet Explorer underlined and the pop-up screen.......this happend in my preview screen before I ever posted this post?

Old 12-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #28
Chip
Thanks, that's exactly what I am dealing with and was having a hard time capturing. It isn't site or browser related. CCleaner couldn't find anything, nor could Avast, Ad Sweep, or MalWare Bytes.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #29
Nanci
That would REALLY piss me off...

Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #30
Nanci
Chip- I sent it out to the two geekiest IT guys I know...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google