CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

"Stitches" my new 3 year old Irain Jaya Carpet Python

Old 04-04-2015, 08:08 PM   #11
hypnoctopus
I think they have a nicer body shape and pattern than ball pythons too.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #12
11malibu
I hope she gets about 7 foot that would be awesome, but I'm not sure what she has left.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #13
11malibu
They definitely look better as well. They have a slimmer body and they generally grow a bit bigger.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #14
MysticExotics
Congrats on your new addition. IJ's are one of the smaller of the Carpet Pythons, they generally averages 4-5 ft in length. While some *can* get up to 7ft long, if you're pushing for that, you're essentially over feeding this subspecies.
If you want a Carpet Python that gets 7ft. get a Coastal or a Bredl's Python. (Technically, Bredl's are no longer classified as CP's but they're close enough.)

Many snakes in captivity already do not live as long as they should, primarily because of over feeding.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:03 PM   #15
11malibu
True, the site I had seen (unknown) said they can reach 6-7 feet. Read a few more and they all say 5-6 tops. I am not putting the health of my snake at risk for a little more size. Like you said, I will just get another snake if I want that size.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #16
11malibu
I won't have a realistic idea of her length till she sheds for the first time in my care.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
MysticExotics
If this is your first Carpet Python (or even if it is not) a really good book is "The Complete Carpet Python" by Nick Mutton and Justin Julander. It is a very good book that goes into details about pretty much all of the subspecies.

One of the things I like about IJ's (as well as Inland's and Darwin's) is that they are the smaller of the subspecies.
I have IJ's (including a couple Granite IJ's), Inlands, a Bredl, a couple Coastals, a couple Jungles (including Zebra), and a pair of Darwin's.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #18
11malibu
Is indeed my first carpet, I will have to look on amazon real quick

Old 04-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #19
11malibu
Only one on amazon is "The Jungle Carpet Python Care Guide"

Old 04-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #20
11malibu
They sell the hard copy on amazon but not digital version.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google