CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

A progression thread for the 2018 Miami Tessera clutch.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
MysticExotics
A progression thread for the 2018 Miami Tessera clutch.

These are from my Miami Tessera X LBR Miami produced last year.
I snapped a couple quick pics, as they ate last night, I didn't want to disturb them too much.

Balam- my favorite of the normal Miami babies, should be shedding soon, but I had to take a photo, I love his borders!

Trasque- one of my favorite of the Miami Tessera's recently shed.

Geier- another normal Miami baby that will be staying here

Mellifer - is sold, just waiting for better weather to fly to her new home.

Musai- one of the Miami Tessera's definitely staying here.

I'll add more photos of the babies in the next day or so, when I have time to take photos of all of them.

I currently have two of the normal Miami babies available (both males) but I will be adding more babies, including some Miami Tessera's for sale in a couple months.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #2
Rich Z
I always really liked the Miami Phase corns. I believe that is the first "locality" type corn I worked with.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:19 AM   #3
MysticExotics
They've been my favorite since I started in Corns, and I imagine that they will remain so.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:34 AM   #4
MysticExotics
A couple more to add..

Kitsune-another normal Miami I am holding onto.

Luison-one of my favorite Miami Tessera babies

Old 02-09-2019, 01:59 AM   #5
Rich Z
I remember when I used to name my corn snakes. Of course, some of the names were more descriptive then really a "name" name. Then I started breeding them, and the ancestry record keeping got kind of sticky using such names. It really hit home when I needed to annotate the snake I had named "The $8 corn purchased in south Miami". So I then went to ID numbers instead....

Old 02-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I remember when I used to name my corn snakes. Of course, some of the names were more descriptive then really a "name" name. Then I started breeding them, and the ancestry record keeping got kind of sticky using such names. It really hit home when I needed to annotate the snake I had named "The $8 corn purchased in south Miami". So I then went to ID numbers instead....
I give them ID numbers when they hatch, and I started doing theme names. Sometimes I only name the keepers, other clutches I name the whole clutch.

Not sure I will name the whole clutches if I have more than a couple clutches hatch this year. I'll probably stick with the ID numbers and just name my keepers

Old 02-09-2019, 04:47 PM   #7
Twolunger
I think it's harder to sell corns that you have named, especially if you have had them for a long time. When I sold Boris and Natasha I felt bad, so now I have lavender 1, sunkissed 1, etc.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #8
Frank Pinello
It may be against the rules of this forum to share some of the nicknames I named the very few nervous and nippy corns I have had in my breeding projects currently and in the past.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I think it's harder to sell corns that you have named, especially if you have had them for a long time. When I sold Boris and Natasha I felt bad, so now I have lavender 1, sunkissed 1, etc.
Whether I name them or not, sometimes it's hard to sell them regardless. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
It may be against the rules of this forum to share some of the nicknames I named the very few nervous and nippy corns I have had in my breeding projects currently and in the past.
LOL

Old 03-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #10
MysticExotics
Some recent photos I took.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google