CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rep Points

Old 04-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #61
wade
Mike, I don’t know how other offenders are handled because the mods are discrete in this manner. The only thing I ever hear about is if someone gets outright banned and I only hear about that if someone else mentions it.

I this particular case the mods are maintaining my anonymity (since KJ thinks I need AA) but I’ll tell you about it. Someone reported what I was doing and I received a PM from the mods warning me. About a half-hour later I received another PM along with infraction points. Just for the record, I have been forever labeled as a Profane Troll. I just wanted you to know that my screwing around was not over looked.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #62
danielle
Me too Wade we can be discretly profane together, lol

Old 04-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #63
Old_School
Infraction points ??!!!! your kidding right? Place is starting to sound like Pre-K.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #64
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Mike, I don’t know how other offenders are handled because the mods are discrete in this manner. The only thing I ever hear about is if someone gets outright banned and I only hear about that if someone else mentions it.

I this particular case the mods are maintaining my anonymity (since KJ thinks I need AA) but I’ll tell you about it. Someone reported what I was doing and I received a PM from the mods warning me. About a half-hour later I received another PM along with infraction points. Just for the record, I have been forever labeled as a Profane Troll. I just wanted you to know that my screwing around was not over looked.
I didn't report you Wade, nor was I thinking of you when I made my post. BTW...I've always known you were a profane troll.... LOL
My post was more about the un balance in the site and the way different people are treated... A bit like real life I suppose... LOL
And the un balance in the reps awarded by different people, due to the amount they can deposit...
The reality is, whatever the reps represented when they first started is no longer applicable...

Old 04-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #65
danielle
Every forum has rules plain and simple. If you break them and are reported you get a warning and or points. To a point there has to be some way to punish overly offensive members if they are seriously offending someone or making outlandish comments that could get Rich sued for allowing a member to be harrassed.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #66
LBoz
Wade, I reported you and started the campaign to have everybody else report you as well. Ever since you chose Izzy over me as your rep point favorite, I've been seething with a jealous rage, just waiting for the opportunity to get you into trouble. My work here is done.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #67
wade
This was a frivolous comment that I have chosen to delete.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #68
JoannaD
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofcornsnakes View Post
Infraction points ??!!!! your kidding right? Place is starting to sound like Pre-K.
I have come to the conclusion that we never really make it past kindergarten or maybe high school.

Job evaluations read like something teachers would write: "Joanna is well liked by her peers and is an asset to the team" translates to "Joanna plays well with others and is nice to have in class."

Elections are nothing more that a popularity contest. No one really knows (or cares? ) what the candidates do or say and no one listens to what "the other side" has to say but they already know they won't agree with them. We vote for who is presented in the best manner or appears to stand for what we want them to stand for!

This board is a microcosm of real life - you can't expect things to be any different here than in real life. Rep points are nothing more than a popularity poll. Some people can see that and some can't.

(Now I'll go back to hiding under my rock - but keep up the posting, I find reading it more fun that reality TV!)

Old 04-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #69
danielle
I'm not liking this new rep rule at all. I have repped two people today and somehow that constitutes a limit and I can not rep again until tomorrow- WTH? All this clamor over rep points is silly and being limited like this is sillier. I understand some people are offended by Wades post and the repping party that occured, but seriously is it on the whole this big of a deal that now we can't rep more than two people a day? I am not frivolous with my rep points and probably have used the function 20 times since I have been a member. It is nice to be able to comment to others how you feel about their post and what they had to say privately. Sure I could just PM them, but we all know how good we are at emptying our mail, lol so why the sudden limit?

Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #70
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
(since KJ thinks I need AA)
We are there for you, brother. You can do it. Just remember, we love you. God loves you. Grab the bottle to put it down - don't let the bottle grab you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I'm not liking this new rep rule at all. I have repped two people today and somehow that constitutes a limit and I can not rep again until tomorrow- WTH?
Before I say this, I'm NOT saying anything should be changed here. I'm just talking about different systems. There is one site I also post on (not herp-related) where you earn points some way I can't quiet understand (something to do with post count, length of membership, and likely reps from others), but the MAIN difference is that to rep someone, you lose points. In other words, if I repped you, you'd get points and I would lose some. If someone has a high rep, it then means people thought enough about their posts to GIVE them some of their own reputation points. That system seems to have SOME level of credence to it IMO. Not much, but some......lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google