CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #61
Nanci
I have given my nomination for the position of moderator a lot of thought (as you can see by my late post in this thread). Most importantly, I feel like I would have to constantly rein in my normal self in order to behave in manner suitable for a moderator. In addition, Robbie is one of my closest friends, and I know he dearly wants that position, and I do not want to have to battle him for it, or make our mutual friends have to choose between us. I am sincerely honored that so many people think I would do a good job, but I would like to respectfully decline the nomination for this round, while not saying I would _never_ be interested in a moderator position. It's a tough decision to which I have given much thought.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #62
Lucille
You have a lot of class. If and when you decide to run, I know you'll be great.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #63
RobbiesCornField
Nanci, I have to admit that you would be much better than me for the position, and I wouldn't have held it against you in the least if you ran as well. (Not to mention I'd have voted for you instead of me. LOL)

Old 12-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #64
vetusvates
Well, Nanci, that was beautiful. Graceful, kind, sincere, thoughtful, and selfless.

Unfortunately, your statement is in stone, now that Lucille has quoted it (but, oops, removed the quote)....anyhoo, by your words, and those very things I mentioned above, you are no longer eligible to become POTUS either.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #65
wade
WOW Nanci, I am stunned. That is not the statement I expected to hear from you. You would have been great. Now look what we’re left with.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #66
Roy Munson
Reconsider, Nanci. There is no volunteer or nominee whom I would object to as a team member, but I would have voted for you.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #67
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Most importantly, I feel like I would have to constantly rein in my normal self in order to behave in manner suitable for a moderator.
I think what people have been saying is that you wouldn't--that we've already seen a lot of your normal self and you in your normal form would be perfect for the job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
In addition, Robbie is one of my closest friends, and I know he dearly wants that position, and I do not want to have to battle him for it, or make our mutual friends have to choose between us.
Oh, sigh. Research has shown that this is part (only part, but part nonetheless) of the reason why women don't get ahead as much as men in corporate and academic settings. We are often too cooperative for our own good in settings that don't reward cooperation as much as they reward competition. I respect your position on this and I understand it, but I do wish you didn't feel this way about it.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #68
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Reconsider, Nanci. There is no volunteer or nominee whom I would object to as a team member, but I would have voted for you.
I second this, Nanci. As much as I absolutely adore all the other candidates, you are the Queen of CS.Com. Loved by the masses, fair minded, and you have just the right amount of snarkiness to get the job done. Not to mention that you, maybe even more than the other wonderful candidates, have the ability to be here even during your down time at work. If you truly decline here, can I somehow sway you to come to MY site? I'd give my left fin to have you as a mod on my fish board!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #69
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I third it! Nanci, you are such a kind, understanding person. You have not good husbandry, not great husbandry, THE BEST husbadry! No kidding! Your animals shine! You listen to people that have vast experience to newbies! You would be a great moderator!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #70
Emily1188
Nanciiiiii, I really wish you would reconsider... I mean, I don't want you to run if you're really not up for it but.. I just really wish you would reconsider. You have always been someone I look up to, truth be told.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread