CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

What to expect at expo?

Old 09-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
JTGoff69
What to expect at expo?

Having been out of corn keeping for 10 years, bear with me for asking this question. As far as I remember, most corn hatchlings are available in the spring, unless they double clutch? I am going to an expo in FL next weekend wanting to aquire a hatchling. (I miss my snakes!). Am I likely to find any hatchlings, or am I more likely to see more like 6 month olds? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
Shiari
Most corn hatchlings are available mid summer to early fall. There should be tons of hatchlings at the expo.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
I agree with Shiari. The last few expos I've been to haven't had a lot of selection for corn snakes, but that might just be my area. It's also prime shipping weather, so if you don't fall in love with anything at the show, you could always buy one from the classifieds here or on faunaclassifieds.com.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
JTGoff69
Thanks Shiari!! I guess I got my seasons mixed up?! Like I said, it's been awhile. I can't wait!!

Old 09-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #5
JTGoff69
Hypnoctopus, I've been checking the for sale ads here & on kingsnake.com. Honestly, I'd much rather see and handle them before purchasing. I want to talk to the breeder, get their feeding and shedding info, and make sure they're not "nippers". ��

Old 09-30-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
hypnoctopus
That was what I wanted with my first snake as well. It's definitely nice to meet them in person before bringing one home.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #7
JTGoff69
It's a must for me as my first corn in years. I def don't want a problematic fiesty hatchling!

Old 09-30-2016, 07:09 PM   #8
JTGoff69
Hypnoctopus can you post a pic of Cupcake??? ��

Old 09-30-2016, 11:03 PM   #9
hypnoctopus
Sure! Here's an older picture of him:

I need to take some updated pictures.

Old 10-01-2016, 08:56 AM   #10
JTGoff69
Very nice!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google