CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Is there an age cutoff for corns mating?

Old 01-29-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Casperfriendlysnake
Is there an age cutoff for corns mating?

I've recently become interested in breeding and have been reasrching it heavily before starting but my question is, do corn snakes ever get too old to mate? My corn is 7 years old and I'm not sure what gender it is. Can it still mate with another corn of similar size? Thank you!!

Old 01-29-2017, 11:47 PM   #2
Revenger
Yes your corn snake can still breed but if your snake is a girl id fallow the rules of, 3 years old, 300g, and 3ft long I'm not so sure if there is a cut off age though

Old 01-30-2017, 01:33 AM   #3
Casperfriendlysnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger View Post
Yes your corn snake can still breed but if your snake is a girl id fallow the rules of, 3 years old, 300g, and 3ft long I'm not so sure if there is a cut off age though
Thank you!

Old 01-30-2017, 06:01 AM   #4
Nanci
I think my oldest female is 14 or 15. She bred a couple years ago, but I think she had reduced fertility, and laid a small clutch. Last year she laid slugs, so she doesn't seem to think she's retired. I'd think a 7 year old would be in her prime.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
Casperfriendlysnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I think my oldest female is 14 or 15. She bred a couple years ago, but I think she had reduced fertility, and laid a small clutch. Last year she laid slugs, so she doesn't seem to think she's retired. I'd think a 7 year old would be in her prime.
Super helpful! Thank you so much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google