CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Cornelius not eating and behaving "strangely".

Old 02-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Cornelius_Cornwall
Unhappy Cornelius not eating and behaving "strangely".

Cornelius is my 7 year old corn snake (I had him since 2010 from a few weeks old) and he has a very "chill" and lax temperament. I always thought he was a male because of his long tail, but never had him sexed.
Anyway, I'm a bit worried now because it has been four months since he has eaten. He has done this in the past, but never for this long and never while being this active. I read that he could be looking for a mate but I haven't had any luck finding substantial information.
Today, I woke up to him riding himself in a circle moving really quickly (he never moves that quickly). Whenever he would stop, he would move very twitchy. Is he trying to "mate" with himself? What should I do? I kinda feel sorry for him... I imagine it to be something like sexual frustration.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Dragonling
Hah! Yes, he sounds a bit frustrated. I've seen a male do that when he lost track of where the female was. Poor fella lol.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
DollysMom
Awwww. Poor fellow. I guess cold showers don't work for snakes!

Old 02-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
It is the season. My snake, Rufus tried to mate with my arm a few days ago. He had me laughing. (Poor Guy). He also went about 4 weeks without food.

But he is now eating again.

Your snake will eat when he's hungry.

When handling him, if he is seemingly massaging you and twitching (doing the herky jerky dance) he is trying to mate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
behavior, eating, mating, moving, winter