CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Can I get some body condition opinions?

Old 08-11-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
Laurelhach
Can I get some body condition opinions?

According to the scale, my 5 year old has been losing weight recently. Now, I think she still looks and feels okay, but I'd like some second opinions to either put my mind at ease or correct me. Thank you!

Old 08-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #2
Shiari
She is definitely NOT underweight.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:17 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
She looks good! Maybe a little on the hefty side, but no hips visible. What's your feeding schedule like for her?

Old 08-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
Laurelhach
Adult mouse every two weeks. Could stretch that out if she needs it (I have another corn on one every three weeks). She's hovering right around 4' and at 600 grams. She has lost ~60g in the past four months, without a change in diet. Not sure why, I'll keep monitoring, but if she's looking healthier with the weight loss then maybe that's okay, ha.

A couple minutes after this photo she became 19 grams lighter so if her tail looks a little chunky here... 😅

Old 08-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
Sounds like a good schedule to me. If she continues to lose weight, maybe try a 10 day frequency?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google