• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ventrals

Nanci

Alien Lover
Hyacinth: Plasma Stripe

Attachments

• Hyacinth May 2012 Ventral-2.jpg
    Hyacinth May 2012 Ventral-2.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 130
Sweet Pea: Peppermint Motley

Attachments

• Sweet Pea and Heart-2.jpg
    Sweet Pea and Heart-2.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 131
Heart Attack, peppermint stripe.

Attachments

• Heart Attack May 2012-1.jpg
    Heart Attack May 2012-1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 130
Thanks again! Surprised the color on Hyacinth isn't bleeding through on the belly. Hmm, very pretty tho! Thank you!

I can't think of a plasma that has bleeding. The margin of a lavender stripe or blood, to me, is always sharply defined between the belly and sides.

Oh really? I haven't seen a plasma ventral so I wasn't sure. I just figured because it was a bloodred it would. :shrugs:

I can't think of a plasma that has bleeding. The margin of a lavender stripe or blood, to me, is always sharply defined between the belly and sides.

Look at Lily, Draco and Gator for plasmas, and Razzle and Orchidee for hypo lavender stripes to see what I mean.

ACR

If that link doesn't work, just search for my breeder name/number.

I'm no expert but I have to say I agree with Nanci. Generaly it can be somewhat judged from the lenght of the tail but in my opinion this sometimes varies from snake to snake and isn't very good. I think the main thing is to just focus on the two inches after the cloaca. Like Nanci said. If the tail after the cloaca stays generaly the same thickness for those 2 inches it should be a male and if it tapers a female. Again like others said it can't be 100% realiable but I have had good success doing this with snakes 2 or older. It is a tough call with your snake.

I think this was meant for another thread...

Back