• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Has anyone used Rodent Pro?

*salAMANDA88*

MoxieMakes MainersMighty
Has anyone here ever used or use Rodent Pro..I checked out their prices and it seems like a good place to get mice..what do you think?
I plan on breeding my own this summer...but not 'till then..when I can keep them out on the back porch/ barn..lol..
Thanks..
~Amanda:wavey:

I've used RodentPro for years and have always been pleased with their product, their service and their prices.

great..Thats what I will use..I will order this week..
just seems better than buying form a petstore...lol:wavey:

They're the ones I go to...
To let you know, some people complain the mice have poops (nature effect of death) or that they aren't vacuum sealed. There are places that will prepare the mice more for you but they're naturally more expensive; if you go through a lot of mice, I think rodent pro is the best. If you're just feeding one snake, other places might be more viable.

I've been using them for 2 years and couldn't be happier! Using them cut my weekly feeding bill from over $40 (when figured using local pet store prices) to right around $5. Then again, I go through a ton of mice...and rats...

I have been using Rodentpro for years and no complaints. There are other companies with prettier packaging, but my snakes have thrived on RP diet.
If you are buying several months' supply in advance, it's easy to vacuum seal them at home so they keep longer and don't get freezer burn.

I tried them twice and was disappointed both times. I've taken my business to Big Cheese Rodents. Probably won't ever go back to Rodent Pro.

Two Thumbs Up for RodentPro

I just wanted to add my two thumbs up for RodentPro...I have been using them for about four years now. They send fresh, quality rodents that always arrive exactly when they say they will...and they arrive frozen solid due to the dry ice they pack them with! And their prices can't be beat. To top it all off, they offer awesome sales sometimes like the one they are having right now.

I started using rodent pro when the person I got my rats from (a friend of my brother in law's) had a shortage because he had so many BIG snakes. So far the service has been great.

I tried them twice and was disappointed both times. I've taken my business to Big Cheese Rodents. Probably won't ever go back to Rodent Pro.

Same thing here, exactly. I switched to The Mouse Factory though. I don't like that the mice from RP come with lots of stinky bedding and mouse poo. It brings ugly thoughts to my mind about how they are housed, likely throughout their lives. They may not be accurate images, but there they are nonetheless. Besides, I couldn't put those in my freezer with my food.

It's quite possible that TMF and BCR just do a better job of cleaning them before packing, but they don't stink!

blueapplepaste, I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking what didn't you like about rodent pro?

Both of my orders arrived with about half of the order thawed out (I mean completely thawed out). They did an extremely poor job packing and ensuring that the order would stay frozen both times. I also found the sizes to be VERY inconsistent. In a bag of fuzzies, I had mice that didn't even have any fur on them (aka pinkies), up to fully furred mice that were easily small adult size - all in one bag. That was the worst example of inconsistent sizes - but pretty much all of the bags had an unacceptable level of sizing differences.

Since switching to Big Cheese, I haven't had any of these problems. Sizes are dead on, and they also vacuum seal the bags/trays of mice as well which is a big plus.

Maybe RP has gotten their act together, but they've already botched it with me. I found a new, superior company that I'm very happy with.

Oh, yuck! The thawing issue is horrible, I don't blame you for switching! (er, not that I would "blame" you otherwise, either!)

I've never had a problem with their packaging but I agree there can be some size variation... I don't mind it for what I'm doing, but I could see it being bothersome.

Back